Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quadratec® LED Headlamp Upgrade Conversion & LED Fog Lights Kit for 07-17 Jeep® Wrang

Review: The difference between stock and this LED upgrade is literally illuminating. I was so impressed with this upgrade (https://www.quadratec.com/products/97109_0020.htm). The install took about 1.5 hours, and that included a few cups of coffee while I decided how much of the front bumper to remove for the fog light install.

I have had them for about 2 months now and love them. All of the correct parts arrived as promised and, as long as you look in the cushioning wrap, you can find all of the adaptors.

I do not feel as I wasted a penny on these, as my night vision is greatly improved. Pricewise, I strongly feel that you cannot go wrong with these lights. Good job.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Only concern I have is blinding incoming traffic since these are not projector style. The JW speaker ones though.....

Any issues with people flashing you at night while driving!?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had the Quadratec LED Headlights and Foglights for a couple months and I love them! Huge improvement over stock and a great price. I've not had anyone flash me because they were too bright. They fit perfectly and needed no adjustments. I also bought the Quadratec LED Taillights. They are also great except that the backup lights are not LED. Great price though!

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
Only concern I have is blinding incoming traffic since these are not projector style. The JW speaker ones though.....

Any issues with people flashing you at night while driving!?
They don't need to be "projector style". You're thinking of the HID/LED hack (HID/LED bulbs stuck into the original reflector housings built for incandescent/halogen reflector housings.

So long as the reflector housings are 'in tune' with the bulbs being used, there is no problem.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've had the Quadratec Stealth LED headlights since when they first came out several years ago. I've never had anyone give me a 'high beam flash' to let me know they were bothered. They went in very easily... but noticed the light height were not perfectly matched up so had to adjust. I can't remember exactly how at this point... there is a thread about how the Wrangler vertical headlight adjustment is a bit quirky. Anyway, followed the guidance and it worked easily.

I spent like $15-$20 to get LED fog bulbs off an on-line-vendor whose color matches the headlights exactly. Changing the fog bulbs was little more complex as I had to be pretty dexterous to get in front of my Rubicon auto-axle machinery to get to the back of the bumper to get to the bulbs. I generally don't have them on when facing oncoming traffic, but the couple times I have I've not been flashed by the oncoming traffic either.

·
Just 2 Jeeps
159 Posts
Quad stealth led

I went with the Quadratec Stealth led over the JWS. These definitely light up your path. The only thing I don't like is how they flash when you're starting the jeep even when they're off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts