Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
That is very unusual for Quadratec, they have always been so customer service oriented with all of my purchases. Please call in and ask for Dan, he has always helped me in EVERY situation and it was resolved without issue. Do what you want but they are an incredible company.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
For those of us without FB, what are we dealing with here? Rust? Stupid fenders?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I don't have FB and can see the post/ pictures fine. Customer has an issue and has been dealing with Quad for months and no form of resolution has been offered.

·
Super Moderator
6,804 Posts
I have also had great customer service from Quadratec. And after reading through most of your FB post I don't see why you have a beef against Quadratec. And looking at the pics all I see is some rusty metal parts. Have it painted or powder coated and move on.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Sell the jeep since rust upsets you.

We could all chip in .25 and buy you a can of spray paint

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
waaaah! waaaah! my fenders are rusty! Stop crying and act like a man!

This guy has a legitimate complaint, but don't be such a pansy. May 27 and you're still driving around with rusty fenders? Take them off and go get them coated locally. Deal with Fab Fours directly. They're either going to reimburse you for powdercoat or they won't. If FF and Quadratec told you to take a hike, you're just going to re coat the fenders anyways. Go get it done. You likely won't get reimbursed until you have a receipt from the powdercoater anyway.

The hard part of installing those fenders (drilling/installing nutserts) is over. It shouldn't be difficult to take those fenders off, get them coated and bolt them back on. I don't have a problem with Quadratec/Fab fours not covering labour.

Lessons here:

1. Don't buy Fab Fours products, because they are hideous.

2. Always buy products in bare steel and have them coated locally.

3. Don't ship products into Canada. Ship it to the border and pick it up. You will either get free shipping within the USA or certainly less than $600. Plus, almost always you will not pay tax on American made automotive products when crossing the border.

4. Don't be so passive. Sending emails every month whining about status. Pick up the phone and demand action. You will get an answer one way or another. It would take less effort to call Fab Fours than it would to type up that lengthy Facebook post.

*My comments are directed at the guy who posted on Facebook, not the OP.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,871 Posts
It doesn't work that way. Distributors take all of the heat between consumer and manufacturers.

Qtec is responsible for going to bat for the consumer or telling you to pound sand. Do they have a warranty against coating defects? No, move on. Yes, then you have a legit gripe and IF Qtec has not handled your problem, its time to move on to the manufacturer legally... which wont get far.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcgUDoV_M

This guy has a legitimate complaint, but don't be such a pansy. May 27 and you're still driving around with rusty fenders? Take them off and go get them coated locally. Deal with Fab Fours directly. They're either going to reimburse you for powdercoat or they won't. If FF and Quadratec told you to take a hike, you're just going to re coat the fenders anyways. Go get it done. You likely won't get reimbursed until you have a receipt from the powdercoater anyway.

The hard part of installing those fenders (drilling/installing nutserts) is over. It shouldn't be difficult to take those fenders off, get them coated and bolt them back on. I don't have a problem with Quadratec/Fab fours not covering labour.

Lessons here:

3. Don't ship products into Canada. Ship it to the border and pick it up. You will either get free shipping within the USA or certainly less than $600. Plus, almost always you will not pay tax on American made automotive products when crossing the border.

4. Don't be so passive. Sending emails every month whining about status. Pick up the phone and demand action. You will get an answer one way or another. It would take less effort to call Fab Fours than it would to type up that lengthy Facebook post.

Agree with every part of this. Especially #1.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I don't have FB and can see the post/ pictures fine. Customer has an issue and has been dealing with Quad for months and no form of resolution has been offered.
I don't have FB and it won't let me see anything unless I create an account.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
I don't have FB and it won't let me see anything unless I create an account.

No clue then. Here is the full post.

"
Darren Cranford
6 hrs ·
Quadratec buyers beware!!
All Jeep groups please share. If anyone who reads below wishes to see any of the correspondence, I will be happy to provide it to you as proof.
If you plan on buying anything from this company, please hope that there is nothing wrong with your order because their customer service is the absolute worst.
I will give you the shortest version I can of my horrific and ONGOING experience.

I ordered Fab Four Fab Four Fender Flares: $1341.97 and Fab Four Fender Replacements: $2058.98 (this does not include the shipping costs of over $600 for each shipment, the USD to CAN exchange rate, or installation costs once I got them). Needless to say; these weren’t cheap.
Within a month of having them installed the rear fender flares showed signs of bubbling and rust. And within a few short month, looked like this: (see attached pics)

These are the front ones for comparison, that were purchased and installed at the same time:(see attached pics)

This is where it all begins. I send a message to Customer Service at Quatratec May 27th. This is what I got back:
June 4th:
"Hello i just rec'ved this email from fabfours. please let me know how you want to handle this?
please read below:

"Thank you for sending over these photos!
We have a couple of different options for your customer to help get this situation taken care of!

The first option is if the customer would like to have the flares re-coated we could cover the cost of the re-coat but we will need an estimate sent over to us first via email or fax!
The second option is if the customer would like to have the flares returned and replaced ""

So, at this point, it all seems good. Shipping them back would be too costly (more than the cost of the fenders), so I go for option 1 – have them re-coated locally.
I get them the quotes they requested from local shops and wait.

July26
I ask if they have any word for me yet. I get this;
“I just forwarded your email to them again. “
Aug. 29
I reach out for an update with no response.
Oct. 29
I reach out in desperation for a response – still nothing.
Nov. 15
I am deeply concerned at the lack of response from the same person I’ve been dealing with, so I initiate another Customer service ticket expressing my concerns. I get someone new, at first who says this;
“Hey there,

I think the best way to discuss this on going issue, based off of the sensitivity of it's nature, is for me to call you directly. Please let me know the best time and contact number in which I can reach you. Thank you.”

I immediately responded with my phone number
Nov. 18
Still no call, so I email the new person with a request for the call again. This is the response:

“Hey there, I reached out once on Friday and once earlier today. I'm not sure if you're receiving my calls. Just wanted to at least send you an email to ensure you that you're not being ignored.”

I respond by telling her that my phone has no missed calls, and I am still available. I give her my cell number again. (Come on guys – it’s 2019, my phone knows when there’s a missed call or a message left for me!). I request the call, but do not her from this person again. Instead, I get an email from the first guy I had been ignored by, saying this:
“I contacted Fab fours in regards to this. I am reaching out to them to see how they would like to handle this.

sorry but we do not cover labor charges.”

Wait…..you read that right. So…what would you be covering? The cost of the powder-coat paint?!! I don’t even know how to respond to that.
Nov. 18
Then I get another email from the same guy – with the whole email chain attached, and he says this:
“I just rec'ved and email from Fab4's

"We will need to see pictures of the issue and will need a copy of one of the quotes and the customers purchase invoice to see if it is something that we can cover under warranty. "
thanks “

Okay – guys. We are now going in circles here!! And the pictures and quotes are actually in the email chain HE JUST SENT ME, ASKING FOR PICTURES AND QUOTES!
I recopy the quotes, and I send him all new pics, because now the rust has escalated over the months.
Here we are at the end of the year, and I’ve sent a number of emails since, hoping for some resolution, but have gotten no response since. I don’t expect they will stand behind any of their products they sell, or try to help their customers, so beware of this company!!
If I actually get some real resolution on this, I’ll be happy to report back to you all. Good luck all Jeep parts buyers!
https://www.facebook.com/Quadratec/
Quadratec

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Usually there's another side to the story.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
this is being moved to QT vendor site per WF rules.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
No clue then. Here is the full post.

"

Darren Cranford

6 hrs ·

Quadratec buyers beware!!

All Jeep groups please share. If anyone who reads below wishes to see any of the correspondence, I will be happy to provide it to you as proof.

If you plan on buying anything from this company, please hope that there is nothing wrong with your order because their customer service is the absolute worst.

I will give you the shortest version I can of my horrific and ONGOING experience.

I ordered Fab Four Fab Four Fender Flares: $1341.97 and Fab Four Fender Replacements: $2058.98 (this does not include the shipping costs of over $600 for each shipment, the USD to CAN exchange rate, or installation costs once I got them). Needless to say; these weren’t cheap.

Within a month of having them installed the rear fender flares showed signs of bubbling and rust. And within a few short month, looked like this: (see attached pics)

These are the front ones for comparison, that were purchased and installed at the same time:(see attached pics)

This is where it all begins. I send a message to Customer Service at Quatratec May 27th. This is what I got back:

June 4th:

"Hello i just rec'ved this email from fabfours. please let me know how you want to handle this?

please read below:

"Thank you for sending over these photos!

We have a couple of different options for your customer to help get this situation taken care of!

The first option is if the customer would like to have the flares re-coated we could cover the cost of the re-coat but we will need an estimate sent over to us first via email or fax!

The second option is if the customer would like to have the flares returned and replaced ""

So, at this point, it all seems good. Shipping them back would be too costly (more than the cost of the fenders), so I go for option 1 – have them re-coated locally.

I get them the quotes they requested from local shops and wait.

July26

I ask if they have any word for me yet. I get this;

“I just forwarded your email to them again. “

Aug. 29

I reach out for an update with no response.

Oct. 29

I reach out in desperation for a response – still nothing.

Nov. 15

I am deeply concerned at the lack of response from the same person I’ve been dealing with, so I initiate another Customer service ticket expressing my concerns. I get someone new, at first who says this;

“Hey there,

I think the best way to discuss this on going issue, based off of the sensitivity of it's nature, is for me to call you directly. Please let me know the best time and contact number in which I can reach you. Thank you.”

I immediately responded with my phone number

Nov. 18

Still no call, so I email the new person with a request for the call again. This is the response:

“Hey there, I reached out once on Friday and once earlier today. I'm not sure if you're receiving my calls. Just wanted to at least send you an email to ensure you that you're not being ignored.”

I respond by telling her that my phone has no missed calls, and I am still available. I give her my cell number again. (Come on guys – it’s 2019, my phone knows when there’s a missed call or a message left for me!). I request the call, but do not her from this person again. Instead, I get an email from the first guy I had been ignored by, saying this:

“I contacted Fab fours in regards to this. I am reaching out to them to see how they would like to handle this.

sorry but we do not cover labor charges.”

Wait…..you read that right. So…what would you be covering? The cost of the powder-coat paint?!! I don’t even know how to respond to that.

Nov. 18

Then I get another email from the same guy – with the whole email chain attached, and he says this:

“I just rec'ved and email from Fab4's

"We will need to see pictures of the issue and will need a copy of one of the quotes and the customers purchase invoice to see if it is something that we can cover under warranty. "

thanks “

Okay – guys. We are now going in circles here!! And the pictures and quotes are actually in the email chain HE JUST SENT ME, ASKING FOR PICTURES AND QUOTES!

I recopy the quotes, and I send him all new pics, because now the rust has escalated over the months.

Here we are at the end of the year, and I’ve sent a number of emails since, hoping for some resolution, but have gotten no response since. I don’t expect they will stand behind any of their products they sell, or try to help their customers, so beware of this company!!

If I actually get some real resolution on this, I’ll be happy to report back to you all. Good luck all Jeep parts buyers!

https://www.facebook.com/Quadratec/

Quadratec
Thanks, that's nuts. On both sides.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quadratec is sending him a new set of fenders at no cost, good on them.

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcgUDoV_M

Lessons here:

#2 ... powder coating is almost always cheaper locally than the add-on price. I can pick gloss level, texture and color.

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Wait. Almost $4k?!?! What the actual f&$k? Sorry to the OP but it sounds like they’re gonna do the right thing. Sell the old ones if they let you keep them!

I’d have gone GenRight, JCR or even Metalcloak.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Nemesis.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts