Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if anyone has used this? I spend a lot of time parked at train stations and I'm thinking that the softtop in some of the places I park might be an easy target. Thinking about rolling with my hardtop most of the time, getting an electric hoist, and running naked occasionally on the weekends while using this emergency top in the event of rain while I'm out and about. Thoughts or experiences?

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not too worried about the front doors as I'll likely leave the doors on anyway and just have the top off. I just need something that blocks the rain til I get back to my garage

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I have this top and I love it. I keep my doors on when I go topless and this top cover the topless Jeep good enough to keep it dry. It is not meant to be used when driving fast, slow speeds only. The fabric it fairly heavy weight but it folds up into a smallish bag.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Checkout RainGear, it covers everything from windshield/doors/to the back. Obviously you can't drive with it works while your stationary (at work, train station, etc).

I don't mind leaving my soft top on the Jeep during spring/summer/fall since its so easy to open up and put back on, however I need something for my doors which i'm assuming will come off early and often. I wish they made "rain doors" or something like that, it seems like someone would but maybe there's not enough interest out there. Or I need to DIY and see how it works out

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
X2 on the RainGear for parked situations. It is AWESOME!!! And it works with the doors on or off. :thumb:

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,507 Posts
We've sold quite a few of these with many happy customers! It really works great for hard top owners who remove their tops for summer, or soft top owners who don't want to spend the 10-20 minutes to put the soft top back up.

BareBones: Have you considered the Bestop 2 Piece Doors?

Front:

Rear:

Thanks,

-Rick

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
We've sold quite a few of these with many happy customers! It really works great for hard top owners who remove their tops for summer, or soft top owners who don't want to spend the 10-20 minutes to put the soft top back up.

BareBones: Have you considered the Bestop 2 Piece Doors?

Front:

Rear:

Thanks,

-Rick

I have seen those, but it seems most of the reviews talk about them leaking pretty bad. For $500/pair I would expect a better product. I realize probably more people post/review negatives so I'm taking them with a grain of salt, but need to do some more research.

I wish there was something like a tarp/raingear product that was just for doors. I know you wouldn't be able to drive with them, which is where those Besttops would come in handy in a major way. I just picked up my Jeep in September so didn't have the opportunity to see what I really need, and am really only now trying to figure out my options. Quadratec has been great to me with past orders and I'll be sure to check out all the options there!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine leaked slightly, then I took an end wrench, bent the pegs in for the window and no leaks, and the doors don't pull away even at high way speeds(80mph)

·
Registered
321 Posts
This is based on my 2DR so...
Running naked with hard top off can present issues as the ER Top really wants there to be door surrounds. Without them, you end up with a gap where the surrounds would be. When parked, no big deal as I used my included ponchos and stuffed them in the gap. Prevented most rain getting in. Obviously when driving that is a no go.
I actually drove upwards of 70mph with it still on. It ballooned like crazy, was a little hard to see at times and some water made it up the windshield and under the top to drop on me but it was better than getting poured on.
I have since gone to a premium soft top and don't use the ER top anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts