Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 with the stock headlights and tail lights. I'd like to upgrade both and Quadratec is having a rebate deal for both of them. Is it worth it? Also, what about upgrading the fog lights...is that necessary to do?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The Headlights .. GEN II LED... YES Definitely a massive improvement over stock; no comment on taillights. Fogs -- I did on both of mine; on 1 went with Delta Lighting 55W Halogen - 1 replaced bulb with Led - both are much improved over the 25w factory bulb.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
My Chief has the Mopar factory LED head and fog lights. They are great. My TJ has the Quadratec GenII that were on sale over the July 4th holiday several years back. To be honest, on low beams they are about equal, on high beams I think the Gen IIs are a touch better. The only difference between the kit for the JK and TJ is the pulse width modulator for the JK (also available separately).

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the gen II on my JK.
They are awesome low beam. I already have good led fogs and with both on, it’s better than high beams IMO. I got them mainly because the look somewhat stock.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess since my main concern is upgrading the headlights, I probably just do those first (Quad Gen II) and then I can do the fogs and tail lights separately later if I want to.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
If your wanting to do the fog lights, you can save $20 by purchasing the Gen II + Fogs ($120 more than the Gen II alone, Fogs by themselves are $140). The tail lights are $150 more if you buy them with the Gen II or by themselves.

My TJ fogs have been inoperative because the switch is worn out (the come on by themselves, even if the ignition is off) and the relay is pulled. I haven't really missed them with the Gen IIs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Quadratec Gen IIs on my rig and they are a million times better than stock. I also have the tail lights and they're definitely much brighter. My only regret is not replacing my fog lights with LEDs; since I installed a winch, I'll have to lift/remove it before replacing them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Another vote for the Gen II headlights. For the fogs I went with Xprite LEDs from Amazon for around $40.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts