Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
461 - 480 of 783 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
5 satin black wheels ordered and confirmed - this is going to be like waiting for a new Jeep all over again... :)

Now I need some white Willys stickers and Jeep center caps
I Just moved my center caps over from the stock wheels and added a JKU stickers instead of the Willys image. I put the Quadratec centers on my original wheels when I sold them. The Quadratec centers do not have the Jeep logo.

In addition I added a second valve stem behind the front face to protect it from rocks. I flat tow this behind my motorhome. In the motorhome I have an EEZ-Tire Pressure/Temperature Monitor. It allows me to monitor the motorhome tires and the Jeeps tires. I had this on my last rig without the second valve stem. It was a pain to remove the sensors when airing up and down. Now I don't have to take them off anymore.

https://eezrvproduct.com/products/tire-pressure-and-temperature-monitoring-systems-tpms-8

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 JKU
112 Posts
Where did you find the JKU stickers for your wheels? Ive been looking for those.

I Just moved my center caps over from the stock wheels and added a JKU stickers instead of the Willys image. I put the Quadratec centers on my original wheels when I sold them

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
Registered
2015 JKU
112 Posts
Thanks for the info and the link! Definitely going to get in touch with them and get some made.

Where did you find the JKU stickers for your wheels? I?ve been looking for those.
I had found a decal supplier on Ebay that had a JKU decal. I contacted him and asked if he could make one the size I specified in red and reversed to match the direction the Willys were on the wheel. He was able to make them. He now has them in his Ebay Store.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X5-5-X1-Je...w-Rubicon-Sahara-Sport-Wrangler-/282710658126

·
Registered
215 Posts
Rick, can you post a picture of the satin black? I'm leaning that direction over the machined/black but I would like to see them first.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anybody having issues with 35s rubbing with these wheels? I wanna preorder some but my teraflex lift (S/T3 Kit) recommends backspacing of at least 4.5.

These wheels are just too good of a deal to pass up on. Especially the satin black! :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
PM'd you Rick...

Curious if the satin black looks like the Willys wheel but in satin instead of what looks like gloss on the Willys??

·
Registered
911 Posts
Anybody having issues with 35s rubbing with these wheels? I wanna preorder some but my teraflex lift (S/T3 Kit) recommends backspacing of at least 4.5.

These wheels are just too good of a deal to pass up on. Especially the satin black! :D
I have a 2.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger lift with Nitto Ridge Grappler 35/12.5/17 tires. Spent two month offroading this year in Colorado and Utah and did not have rubbing on the fenders.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,469 Posts

I have a 2.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger lift with Nitto Ridge Grappler 35/12.5/17 tires. Spent two month offroading this year in Colorado and Utah and did not have rubbing on the fenders.
The rub that Teraflex is worried about is the rear sway bar links and the front control arms. The control arms typically clear fine, but you have to watch their rear sway bar links. There are some options though, you can run a different rear sway bar link or shorten the bolt on the TF link. You can also flip them, but then the bolt might come in contact with the rear brake line.

The sway bar links pretty much go straight up and down at the top with the sway bar, but the tire will tilt in or out at the top during suspension flex. It's during this flex that the tire can come in contact with the bolt.

This image is not TF, but it gives you an idea what the issue is:

Reactions: ImpendingDom21

·
Registered
215 Posts
I preordered the satin black to use with some new tires come February. When I bought my JKUR 18 mo ago, I went with 16" wheels and tires. Really regret that now as I'd love to just swap wheels and keep my tires. They're Duratracs with 20K miles :/

·
Registered
246 Posts
All PM's responded to again. I'll post up the other photos when they are available. I should have them within the next few weeks.

Thanks!

-Rick

Hey Rick,

Before I pull the trigger, are there any future plans for different backspace (4.25ish) or are they going to stay at 5.2 for a while? Thanks.

461 - 480 of 783 Posts