741 - 760 of 772 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
285/70/17

I just bought a set of these, I see a lot of 285/70 how come 295/70 isn’t more popular?
I limited my options to BF Goodrich KO2's as that is my favorite brand of tire. I was looking at 305/65/17 and 285/70/17 since these tires can't be had in the 295/70/17 size (unless you go with the KM3). I decided to upgrade my 265/70/17 (stock) to the 285 (OWL) width tires and could not be happier with the ride and height. The one mistake I made was going with the Load-E instead of Load-C, but it still works for my needs and daily usage.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Is anyone running the Hardrock wheels and a Synergy tie rod by any chance? I just ordered their Tie Rod and Drag Link over the phone and then afterwards saw on the web site that they say maximum backspace is 4.75". However looking at the AEV forums, there seem to be a lot of people saying that the Synergy tie rod works fine with their Pintlers (which are the same 5.2" backspace as these wheels).

·
Registered
50 Posts
I limited my options to BF Goodrich KO2's as that is my favorite brand of tire. I was looking at 305/65/17 and 285/70/17 since these tires can't be had in the 295/70/17 size (unless you go with the KM3). I decided to upgrade my 265/70/17 (stock) to the 285 (OWL) width tires and could not be happier with the ride and height. The one mistake I made was going with the Load-E instead of Load-C, but it still works for my needs and daily usage.
Out of curiosity, since I just bought a set of 285/70r17 KO2s on these wheels, what do you run for PSI?

·
Bella's Jeeper
1,246 Posts
Out of curiosity, since I just bought a set of 285/70r17 KO2s on these wheels, what do you run for PSI?
I run between 28 and 30 on my 285/75R17 E-rated Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws

·
Registered
154 Posts
When I checked a couple weeks ago they were set to 45 PSI.

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
When I checked a couple weeks ago they were set to 45 PSI.
Wow. That is a lot of air pressure.
You may want to let some out. Most run somewhere around 30 psi, give or take a couple psi, with larger than stock tires.
The tires will give a much better ride with less air pressure in them, generally speaking.
One popular test is the chalk test, where you put a line of chalk across the tread of the tire and see if it wears off evenly. Another option is to watch air pressure, you should see around a 10 percent or so increase in tire pressure from cold to hot. If it doesn't go up enough you have too much pressure in the tires. If it goes up too much you don't have enough air pressure in the tires.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow. That is a lot of air pressure.
You may want to let some out. Most run somewhere around 30 psi, give or take a couple psi, with larger than stock tires.
The tires will give a much better ride with less air pressure in them, generally speaking.
One popular test is the chalk test, where you put a line of chalk across the tread of the tire and see if it wears off evenly. Another option is to watch air pressure, you should see around a 10 percent or so increase in tire pressure from cold to hot. If it doesn't go up enough you have too much pressure in the tires. If it goes up too much you don't have enough air pressure in the tires.
Appreciate the insight. I figured that pressure was normal for Load E tires. I'll adjust once I'm back home from the holidays.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Appreciate the insight. I figured that pressure was normal for Load E tires. I'll adjust once I'm back home from the holidays.

You will be amazed at how much better it rides and handles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
Since E load tires are are made with stiffer / stronger sidewalls than C load tires E load tires need even less air pressure in the tires to carry the same load. They also need less air pressure to deliver a good ride.
Lower your pressures and you will probably like the ride a lot more.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Has anyone cut out the template for the teraflex delta brakes and tried it on the hardrock wheels? It looked to me like it would just barely touch. Maybe a 1/16" or 1/8" wheel spacer shim would be enough to clear it. I might try it again pasted to some posterboard and cut out a little more carefully.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Did anybody get these on a sale other than the discount Quadratec offers to forum members? I would like them and have time to wait if they do go on sale

·
Super Moderator
2,007 Posts
Did anybody get these on a sale other than the discount Quadratec offers to forum members? I would like them and have time to wait if they do go on sale
Yes, wait for a sale if you’re able to. You can combine the $119 sale and forum discount. I paid $112 per wheel, plus tax.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yes, wait for a sale if you’re able to. You can combine the $119 sale and forum discount. I paid $112 per wheel, plus tax.
Wow is it announced or just keep checking, I would pull the trigger at that price
When these going on sale? I’ve been waiting, getting ready to buy another brand soon.
same really want hub centric. I was quoted full price minus forum discount but will wait for a sale unless I get something else

741 - 760 of 772 Posts