Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made several purchases from Quadratec, as I'm sure many of you have. My issue is, does this company have any inventory at all, or do they just send out catalogs with the product descriptions and then order through the manufacturer, which would make Quadratec just a conduit of purchase for the actual products? I noticed any big ticket items taking weeks to get, and was curious if anyone else experienced this from that company? It is frustrating when you need the product to finish what you are doing.

BTW, I have a 1955 Chevy that I have built using catalogs and the internet, and companies like JEGS, Summit Racing, Speedway and others, my purchase is usually at my door within a few days, which indicates they all have actual warehouses full of inventory

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I have built up 3 different Jeeps and have ordered most of my parts along the way from Quadratec. Rarely have I had to wait for parts. Things most always seem to be in stock. Some of the bigger items, like the ATK motor I bought, did come straight from the manufacturer. Any particular type of parts have you had to wait on?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have pretty much built my jeep from their catalog. And pretty much everything I have ordered from them except my G2 Dana 44 that I ordered was at my house with in 2 business days. The complete diffs and engines I know they do not keep in stock. But for the most part I do believe they have a warehouse with a majority of what they sell

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I ordered silicone radiator hoses a pos drake radiator ( to replace a pos griffen) and samco clamps. (Hose makers) radiator came fast hoses 2 weeks, clamps a month. Ya I feel your pain and think you are right. Never thought of that but makes since. I wasted a lot of time and antifreeze because of that. Then the pos radiator lasted a couple months. (Was in Alaska) threw it in a recycle can and got a napa :). My hoses are still nice lol.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I know they have a lot of product on hand as ive been to their warehouse before. I can say though that whenever i order some of the bigger items ive noticed that they do seem to have their parts come straight from the manufacturer. In my case my lift kit came straight from skyjacker, but the smaller items ive gotten such as seat belt female ends and gas tank straps came within a few days. Im sure if you call them they can let you know what they have on hand and what comes from the manufacturer, their customer service is one of, if not, the best of any ive had to deal with.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would expect them to have that on hand, ive also gotten foglights and a skid plate relatively quickly from them but had to wait on other things.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Use them for finding what products I want, usually make the purchase elsewhere. Most of my buys are from xtreme terrain (free shipping + local club discount) or amazon

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Use them for finding what products I want, usually make the purchase elsewhere. Most of my buys are from xtreme terrain (free shipping + local club discount) or amazon
I love amazon. And XT has sweet customer service. Haven't bought anything but have talked to them here. Saving up for a jammock. :) drive in theaters and camping use!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ordered a couple Bilstein 5100s, rear 4in lift for my TJ April 24..... out of stock- no estimate of availability. Wish they'd indicate out of stock before I tried to order.....debating on canx the order.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have made several purchases from Quadratec, as I'm sure many of you have. My issue is, does this company have any inventory at all, or do they just send out catalogs with the product descriptions and then order through the manufacturer, which would make Quadratec just a conduit of purchase for the actual products? I noticed any big ticket items taking weeks to get, and was curious if anyone else experienced this from that company? It is frustrating when you need the product to finish what you are doing. BTW, I have a 1955 Chevy that I have built using catalogs and the internet, and companies like JEGS, Summit Racing, Speedway and others, my purchase is usually at my door within a few days, which indicates they all have actual warehouses full of inventory
This is a classic case of shit happens sorry dude

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've only had issues with one order from Q-tech being backordered. I forgot about it for 3 or 4 months and was flipping through a new catalog and saw the "quadrapac" I ordered. So I make a phone call and sure enough it's still on backorder. I ask to cancel it and the dude went full douche bag and got huffy when he had to spend a couple more minutes on the phone.

I tend to alternate between 4WP, Q-tech, and XT for my stuff, whoever has the best deal. 4WP has been by far the easiest to deal IMO thanks to having a location nearby. Just don't let them touch your rig.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I have made several purchases from Quadratec, as I'm sure many of you have. My issue is, does this company have any inventory at all, or do they just send out catalogs with the product descriptions and then order through the manufacturer, which would make Quadratec just a conduit of purchase for the actual products? I noticed any big ticket items taking weeks to get, and was curious if anyone else experienced this from that company? It is frustrating when you need the product to finish what you are doing.

BTW, I have a 1955 Chevy that I have built using catalogs and the internet, and companies like JEGS, Summit Racing, Speedway and others, my purchase is usually at my door within a few days, which indicates they all have actual warehouses full of inventory
Been around for a long time and have used many vendors and sites including Qtec, Summitt, Jegs for several vehicles and have been satisified. Qtec is huge and MANY of us have used them for years. Fact, all of them for various items drop ship directly from the vendors for a lot of item and are subject to the vendor getting the parts out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I placed a 2k order earlier this year and got everything in 2 weeks but my exhaust i did have to wait almost a month for it. They said the manufacture was late sending them their stock order.

·
Registered
413 Posts
In my experience, they can be very reliable when it comes to popular products. If you're ordering less popular stuff, it can take a couple weeks to a month. Ive just found this in the difference between ordering parts for me TJ and parts for my CJ2A...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have a hard time ordering from Quadratec because i'm on the West Coast. It takes Quadratec a couple of days to process and ship (Most places do). But then it takes 4-6 business days for it to just get over to me. That is if they have it in stock. Not to mention returns cost me just about as much as what the refund will be to get it to them. Not really their fault but just a PITA for me. I order from either the part manufacturer directly or go through 4WP/4WD.com. Since I only live 30mins from 4WP's Compton West Coast Distribution center, I can get whatever I need same day.

Another little tidbit is 4WP adjusts the cost of shipping to the product they are shipping. Quadratec goes off the cost of the product so something small like a Superchips Flashpaq can be $100 to ship because it costs $300.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Have ordered several things from them and for the most part have been satisfied but guess my only complaint is as others have posted, when you place your order, they don't tell you an item is out of stock until after the fact. Ordered a bumper bar for my son's 97 for his BD about 3 weeks early with some other items. Took about 4 weeks to get the bar and I had to contact them to find out how long it would be for shipment. When I made the inquiry, they told me about another 3 weeks and that's about what it took.

Also, my brother in law ordered some one piece axles for the rear of his 85 CJ once and same scenario, out of stock and no notice until after the order is placed. But their customer service has courteous in both situations.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts