Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a shout out to Quadratec. I bought the Lange Hoist a Cart along with both door accessories for $750 and had a terrible experience with it. The gears were grinding and couldn't handle the weight of the top, so it left me stranded in the driveway waiting on a neighbor to help pick up the top and put it back on the Jeep. This is on the first use of the hoist.

In addition, the top has a 1/4 inch gouge from a bolt on the main support beam that didn't have a boot on it and no boot included to protect the top when it leaned back. Oh and the cart easily will tip forward if you don't stand on it with the weight of a 4 door top.

In any case, i'm sure some of you have had good experiences with it, but mine was terrible.

Quadratec took the return along with all accessories no questions asked and even sent UPS pickup labels so i didn't have to haul the 150lbs. cart to the UPS store.

Fantastic service!

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,507 Posts
Sorry to see the experience with the Hoist-a-Cart, but happy to see we took care of things.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a curiosity: Did you have the front legs extended out when you were raising/lowering the top?
Now that I think about it, I don't think I did. This is probably what was causing the weight to lean the cart forward.

Not sure about the gears though. I can't believe the metal was so soft that they literally chewed themselves up.

One thing to note, is that the included instructions don't cover hoisting. They barely give you enough information to put it together.

The video is so short and lacking of detail that you're left figuring it all out on your own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts