Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe headlights normally have different aiming patterns on the driver's and passenger's sides. I expect the two housings are different.

I bought the Quadratec premium heated LED's made by JW Speaker.

When installing them, I couldn't find any indication of which was the left one and which was the right. They looked identical to me but on the back they each had a model number sticker and those were different. I think one ended in 9 and the other in 5, though I'm not positive on that.

Is there some little L or R indicator I couldn't find?

Do they only fit on one side? Are the buckets and tab locations slightly different or something? I was having trouble getting the first one to fit right and then tried the other one and got it in, but that could have just been because I didn't have the first one quite lined up right. I have no idea.

If they only fit one side then I guess I've got them right. If they're both the same then I don't get why they have different numbers on them.

Someone help? I'd hate to have them installed on the wrong sides and end up blinding people or having less than optimal lighting.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone else is wondering, Gabe from Quadratec just told me the two should be the same and to disregard the stickers on the back.

So there you have it, if anyone else has this question in the future. :)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For some reason I've got it in my head that I'm fairly certain mine was the opposite. My passenger side was adjusted lower than the driver's side.

From what I've learned though... that's simply how the bucket is adjusted and has nothing to do with the lens, right? I just turn some screws and all will be well?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked last night. My driver's side was aimed significantly higher than the passenger side.

I adjusted it down.

They might both be too low now, but that's better than the alternative until I can get a flat surface and a wall to aim them properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts