Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just mounted a Q11500is on a new bumper and I am very pleased so far with how it all turned out, worked right out of the box and installs easily. I will report back after I stretch the line and try it out.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet writeup! I'm strongly considering this as a future purchase...
Thanks. Looks like a few pic's might have problems loaded on the blog at least on my pc.. will check those over and see what is up...

mini update.. winch sat outside in below zero weather for most of the this past winter uncovered.. outside of the sticker fading.. metal finish appears to be holding up very well. Should have some pull test data up in the next few weeks.. Had hoped to get it while on our 3 day off road trip last week but um.. we never had a situation happen to winch our self or anyone..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice writeup! Here’s a short blurb of my own:

I bought a 9500i (with steel cable) back in September and have been very happy with my choice. It’s held up great (after being uncovered all fall/winter/spring) and pulls well. Sure, it’s not super fast, but I used the leftover money from considering a Warn to improve other areas of my Jeep’s performance. The stickers have begun to fade, but that’s the only sign of wear and tear (been used multiple times in many conditions).

If I were to do it again, I’d buck up and buy the synthetic. I was hesitant at the time and I regret that. Overall, though, very happy with my choice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My Q11500is saved my ass big time. Super nasty mud up to the undercarriage and the winch pulled me out while laughing at the mud. If you go out on the trails alone, this will save your day!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had the Q9500i with synthetic line for two years and used it many times, it has worked flawlessly each and every time and with the exception of fading on the stickers, still looks great, I would buy one again in a heartbeat if the need arises.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the Q9500i with synthetic rope on my JKR. Been stuck (temporarily delayed) several times and the winch has pulled through for me and others on the trail. I noticed a little orange light on it the last time i was respooling it at night. when I touched the orange light, because I had never noticed it before, I quickly found out it was a bolt that was glowing hot. This is one of the bolts that connects the solenoid assembly bracket to the side of the winch. I haven't been able to find the short and I emailed Quadratec about it. The response i got was "I've never heard of that happening try calling us and see if whoever answers can help you". I've always like Quadratec's customer service until I got that response. It still pulls when I have to use it but I try to keep use to a minimum until this is figured out.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any updates on the review? Pull tests? I am waiting for a sale on these and the continuation of the review. Thanks
Hope to have it up in the next few weeks..

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Subbed...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Anyone have pics with the new black edition?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Anyone have pics with the new black edition?
Wondering the same thing. I have a mostly blacked out Jeep with smoked lights, and this winch would be a perfect add-on cosmetically, and the cost isn't too bad either. But I am still wondering on performance reviews. Anyone got any from real world with either the original or the "Stealth" version?

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
I've got the black edition (not the stealth), bought it about 2 years ago. It had the steel cable when I bought it, but the road salt here in Chicago took care of that in about a year...did a number on the winch remote connector, too.

I replaced the steel cable with synthetic (90 ft from Ebay), and replaced the connectors on the winch and remote with an environmental (read weatherproof) set, also from Ebay.

The wiring was easy to change over, as it's the same for the winch and remote, and I sealed the connector on the winch with RTV, just to be sure. Since then, it's worked flawlessly, and was able to drag my wife's 87 Grand Wagoneer about 60 ft, with the rear axle locked up. Needless to say, I was impressed.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts