Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Formerly Tombstone17
1,640 Posts
Got one! My Q11500i just pulled a 1ton service body out of a big hole, A Parr electrical guy got stuck in a hole, from what I don't know, almost like a sink hole, wet at the bottom. Only problem was my Jeep was getting pulled into the truck till rocked up all the wheels, I got to get some wheel chocks!! Pulled at the same speed as it did dragging my oldest's Jeep around when we tested it.... I am very happy!

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Some photos missing from review post (May 2017)

Nice review however many of the install photos appear missing from the post as of May 2017 (broken linkages)... as viewed via a Hughes Net server. Some photos are are there, others are missing.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Nice review however many of the install photos appear missing from the post as of May 2017 (broken linkages)... as viewed via a Hughes Net server. Some photos are are there, others are missing.
thanks for the heads up.. not sure what happend as the images should be part of the blog vs just linked...will look into it and get them back..

·
Registered
49 Posts
So what's the long term opinion on this winch? Still working well for you? Has it seen much use? A bumper and winch will probably be my second major addition to my JKU, after adding the soft top.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
So what's the long term opinion on this winch? Still working well for you? Has it seen much use? A bumper and winch will probably be my second major addition to my JKU, after adding the soft top.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Still works.. but our use has been very limited. It will be swap over to another jeep that we hope to see it get used more.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Do you need butter with that?

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's great to hear. I'm in the process of getting my stuff together. My bumper is on back order from another vendor, so it's holding things up. They've told me it should be about another week.

Meanwhile, I've ordered the Q9500is Stealth. I thought the all black Stealth would look good on a silver/black Jeep. Unfortunately, the standard version got sent out. I was really busy last Friday and never got the chance to contact Quadratec's customer service. I was debating just letting it be, or asking to have it made right over the weekend. I really didn't see it as that big of a deal for me. I finally decided I did want the Stealth, and with the bumper on back order, I saw little reason to not try to get what I wanted.

So the back of the invoice describes their return policy which says they don't cover return shipping. Not a good sign, but let's call and see what they say. A few minutes wait time to get a customer service rep on the phone and I'm describing my story. He says "we'll take care of it". Next thing I know, he's telling me the new winch will be shipped that day, and I should be getting an email with a shipping label from UPS to send back the other winch. I got the UPS label late yesterday and dropped it at the UPS store this morning. I've also got a tracking number showing the new winch should show up tomorrow.

I know mistakes can be made. I make plenty of them. I always say that's when you find out about a companies customer service. In this case, Quadratec couldn't have made it easier. It gives me confidence in future purchases from them. Now, if only that bumper would show up.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,525 Posts
Sorry to see the incorrect winch was sent, but happy to see it was resolved!

We do not cover shipping, say if you order something and just don't like it. But, if we ship you the wrong product, we will absolutely pick it up and send you the proper part at no charge as you are seeing here. Sorry for any confusion!

If you ever need anything else, just let us know.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rick, it was not only resolved, but resolved as easily as I could possibly imagine. Thank you! Mistakes happen. They too often are not resolved like this.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
That's great to hear. I'm in the process of getting my stuff together. My bumper is on back order from another vendor, so it's holding things up. They've told me it should be about another week.

Meanwhile, I've ordered the Q9500is Stealth. I thought the all black Stealth would look good on a silver/black Jeep. Unfortunately, the standard version got sent out. I was really busy last Friday and never got the chance to contact Quadratec's customer service. I was debating just letting it be, or asking to have it made right over the weekend. I really didn't see it as that big of a deal for me. I finally decided I did want the Stealth, and with the bumper on back order, I saw little reason to not try to get what I wanted.

So the back of the invoice describes their return policy which says they don't cover return shipping. Not a good sign, but let's call and see what they say. A few minutes wait time to get a customer service rep on the phone and I'm describing my story. He says "we'll take care of it". Next thing I know, he's telling me the new winch will be shipped that day, and I should be getting an email with a shipping label from UPS to send back the other winch. I got the UPS label late yesterday and dropped it at the UPS store this morning. I've also got a tracking number showing the new winch should show up tomorrow.

I know mistakes can be made. I make plenty of them. I always say that's when you find out about a companies customer service. In this case, Quadratec couldn't have made it easier. It gives me confidence in future purchases from them. Now, if only that bumper would show up.
Glad to hear they got it taken care of.. enjoy the winch.

Sorry to see the incorrect winch was sent, but happy to see it was resolved!

We do not cover shipping, say if you order something and just don't like it. But, if we ship you the wrong product, we will absolutely pick it up and send you the proper part at no charge as you are seeing here. Sorry for any confusion!

If you ever need anything else, just let us know.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick
Rick, Thanks for Quadratec being a long time sponsor of the site. Will do an updated story once I swap the winch over to the JK.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,525 Posts
Rick, Thanks for Quadratec being a long time sponsor of the site. Will do an updated story once I swap the winch over to the JK.
Absolutely! I have been on WF for many years on my person account as well. I enjoy being the forum rep and giving back for all the years I was posting here as well. Hey, we appreciate that, thanks!

As promised, the correct winch arrived this morning!

Thanks again!

:thumb:
Great to see! You're welcome! Make sure to post up some photos :)

-Rick

·
Super Moderator
6,806 Posts
I bought one of these at the Bantam Jeep Festival from them. After buying the AEV mounting kit for my AEV bumper, I mounted it in my AEV bumper. It fits pretty nice inside the bumper, only the very top sticks out. I want to make a couple plates to cover space to the right and left in the access hole for the top of the bumper. That should look great, it will make it harder to use the winch as I will have to remove one of the covers to get to the clutch on the winch. But I hope to not need it often, and making it harder would make it less likely for someone to mess with it.
It seems like a nice enough winch, but I have not had the opportunity to use it yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got my bumper today, and the install went easily. Unfortunately the winch is not playing well with the bumper. There is an interference between the winch motor and the brush guard on the bumper. To fix that, I'm filing the holes to allow the winch to move back 1/4 inch. It's a pain in the neck doing it with a file, but it's what I've got to work with. I've got 2 of them filed out, then it started raining on me, and I was tired and frustrated. Time for a break.

Quick question... Will the clamping force of the 4 bolts be enough to secure the winch from sliding forward in the 4 slotted holes, or will I have to fabricate something to stop it from sliding forward?

BTW, just so anyone interested in this combo, it's a DV8 FS-1 bumper. Nice bumper for the price, but it's needing some minor massaging to work with this winch.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,806 Posts
I would think you will need to fabricate something to keep it from sliding forwards. And not just something to suggest it does not slide forward, something that PREVENTS it from sliding forward. The forces involved here are quite high, when the winch is applying a given force to pull and equal yet opposite force is pulling the winch forward.
Maybe a square bar of steel between the front lip and the base of the winch that is the right thickness.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts