Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a rant here, but felt it needs to be mentioned.
Been a heavy fan of this company since 2005 and spend many bucks with them over the years on several jeeps I've owned. (8 in my life)
Now for the bad part.
About 2 years back I purchased a Stealth winch and bumper from them. The winch ended up being recalled about 8 months later and after being jerked around for a long period of time and after dozens of emails and really needing a winch for work I ordered a Warn from them. ( which I should have done in the 1st place)
I felt comfortable that they would give me a due refund when all the paper work was squared away.
I did everything by the book, was told I would receive a refund for the defective winch, which by the way they repaired it and sent it back to me after several emails telling them not to, and so on.
Now , when I get bored I pick up the phone and call them which has become more difficult to do since the dawn of the email age.
Last call about a month or so ago, got a new guy who was astonished about the ordeal and said he would get on it right away. Still no luck on about a $500 refund and no winch either.
I still buy a few things from Quadratec but leaning away more and more.

·
Registered
‘98 TJ
158 Posts
Shouldn’t be happening, but it seems to be the case with more and more companies. They would rather save a buck by not taking care of customers than look at long term repeat business.

They don’t seem to realize (or maybe just don’t care) there are so many other vendors out there and people don’t like getting screwed over. Once they are, they tend to take their business elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
I've been saying this for a while now...

Q'tech is going down-hill fast. I too have been a long-time customer of Q'tech; for me, since 1991 when they were catalog only.

I understand there is a 'changing of the guard' so to speak with the father, who built the business, turning it over to his son. The son has a different approach to running things; less about interpersonal relationships or relationships at all, and more about online sales. They have increasingly walked away from marketing opportunities with real contact/product for sale.

I recently attended a large jeep show in Pennsylvania where Q'tech has historically been a mammoth presence with a lot of physical product. So much so, that people used to go to this show just to buy from Q'tech. This past year they showed up with a 20x10 tent and 3 people handing out 10% off cards for online purchases. Other vendors who were there commented on how profitable the show is for them every year and that is a strong reason for attending every year. Why Q'tech had such a sad showing is beyond me.

What is a business that was built upon relationships and industry support is moving to a big social media presence and focus on online sales.

I no longer buy from them, and I'm walking away from a large discount given my time and past volume with them as a customer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have spent 10’s of thousands of dollars at quadrate. Literally everything I have changed or added to my jeep came from them. I purchased a “Quadrate Brand“ bike rack from over a year ago. After purchasing they said it was backordered and should ship in a few months…. 1 year later and having spoken and emailed them dozens of times, still no bike rack. They still sell it on the website showing backordered and shipping in 30 days. Every time I called it was “shipping any day now”. I could have kept waiting but it was the principal of the thing. When I did cancel they said they would let me know if they were going to be able to cancel as “it should ship any day now”. When they emailed me back saying congratulations we were able to cancel your order I replied that I would never shop with them again. Also you can @Quadratec them all you want. In a effort to resolve my problem I posted to their area on this forum and to date I have not heard a thing. OVER A YEAR!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have spent 10’s of thousands of dollars at quadrate. Literally everything I have changed or added to my jeep came from them. I purchased a “Quadrate Brand“ bike rack from over a year ago. After purchasing they said it was backordered and should ship in a few months…. 1 year later and having spoken and emailed them dozens of times, still no bike rack. They still sell it on the website showing backordered and shipping in 30 days. Every time I called it was “shipping any day now”. I could have kept waiting but it was the principal of the thing. When I did cancel they said they would let me know if they were going to be able to cancel as “it should ship any day now”. When they emailed me back saying congratulations we were able to cancel your order I replied that I would never shop with them again. Also you can @Quadratec them all you want. In a effort to resolve my problem I posted to their area on this forum and to date I have not heard a thing. OVER A YEAR!!!!
well, they got my money, and now they have my repaired winch, so I’ve got someone line up to hopefully get back one or the other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ACbandy7777 Hey I wanted to chime in here - I would say you got LUCKY. I purchased this bike rack and it failed within the first 6 uses or so. In our case the straps broke that hold the bikes into the saddles. This caused the bike to come off the rack while we were driving.

We are having a really rough time communicating with Quadratec and getting them to stand behind their product. They almost immediately had their lawyer respond to us, who accused us of not using the product correctly. On the site, they have a disclaimer that says you MUST use the Supplementary Strap - I think they know the straps break.

Has anyone else had issues with this product or other Quadratec products ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't buy bike racks from Jeep stores.

1up, Saris, Rocky mounts, Yakima. Take your pick.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
ya tell me about it - during COVID it was just about getting one that would work with a oversized tire on the back. lesson learned. We ended up swapping to a LOLO racks after having success with one on our camper this summer - expensive but love it and considering what bikes cost these days - worth it.

loloracks.com

note the stock Lolo rack will work with stock tires on the JL, after that you need the 4" extension,. You can't open the gate with the bikes on most likely however but the rack is rock solid

·
Registered
50 Posts
Man! I'm so glad to read all your comments about this company. I've ordered my Jeep and while waiting for delivery I've made up a shopping list of items I want to add as soon as it's in my possession. Quadratec was my company of choice because they had everything I wanted, or so the website says, and I was happy with the prices.

I'll be looking somewhere else now. I know things can go wrong but the things mentioned here didn't have to go wrong for the length of time they have!

Thanks for making this public, you've saved me some possible heartache right off the bat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts