Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I've been saying this for a while now...

Q'tech is going down-hill fast. I too have been a long-time customer of Q'tech; for me, since 1991 when they were catalog only.

I understand there is a 'changing of the guard' so to speak with the father, who built the business, turning it over to his son. The son has a different approach to running things; less about interpersonal relationships or relationships at all, and more about online sales. They have increasingly walked away from marketing opportunities with real contact/product for sale.

I recently attended a large jeep show in Pennsylvania where Q'tech has historically been a mammoth presence with a lot of physical product. So much so, that people used to go to this show just to buy from Q'tech. This past year they showed up with a 20x10 tent and 3 people handing out 10% off cards for online purchases. Other vendors who were there commented on how profitable the show is for them every year and that is a strong reason for attending every year. Why Q'tech had such a sad showing is beyond me.

What is a business that was built upon relationships and industry support is moving to a big social media presence and focus on online sales.

I no longer buy from them, and I'm walking away from a large discount given my time and past volume with them as a customer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts