Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
A bass blocker is simply a capacitor that acts as a filter. Some of the more expensive units use a coil as well to increase the rate of cutoff. The rating on the capacitor in conjunction with the impedance of the speaker determines the bass cutoff frequency.

In order to do it correctly, we need someone to verify the speaker impedance on the Kickers 4ohm or 2ohm? And then I can size the capacitor or you can just buy one that's set for 250-300 at the speaker impedance.
This sure is getting confusing!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
For now (when I get the 77KICK25ab) they will be powered by likely a Pioneer 3800 HU and no external amp. Will I still need them?
Most likely as the bass wont go down like the factory head unit does. Do yourself a favor and get a small amp like the Alpine KTp-44U. Pioneer HU blow without an amp. had one in my Outback with Alpine speakers. sound was ok, add that amp and it rocked and could shake the mirrors.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Subed'. I did the tweeter mod using a capacitor that's posted on this board. It was a huge improvement. I also did the sound bar speaker upgrade and sub upgrade. They helped, but it's not a huge difference, but for the price it was worth it. I'm wondering if I just need to get an amp.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The Super Tweeters did not come with a tool to pry off the speaker grills. Luckily I had one of these lying around from a former order from ProClip:

Grill came off surprisingly easy

Old speaker

Old speaker removed

Hooked up the Super Tweeter

Definitely an improvement over the stock speakers. Are they "super" don't know, definitely helps the sound though. They are "angled" but it seems like they are pointing the wrong way. That could just be the grills of the tweeter though.

I do not have the 77kick25ab so I cannot really compare the two.

However while I originally liked the sound of removing the smaller speakers from the soundbar, after hearing the Super Tweeters in the dash, I feel like the 77kick10 speakers alone in the soundbar is lacking in sound. So I will probably add the 77kick25ab speakers. Although seeing as I will have to add bass blockers, I might look around a bit more and see if there is something better.

Edit to add: I should clarify that the Kicker subwoofer has such heavy bass, I need to bring the volume up on the rest of the speakers. If you don't have a hard hitting sub in the back, you might be fine with just the 77kick10 quad setup and some tweeters in the dash.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,611 Posts
The Super Tweeters did not come with a tool to pry off the speaker grills. Luckily I had one of these lying around from a former order from ProClip:

Grill came off surprisingly easy

Old speaker

Old speaker removed

Hooked up the Super Tweeter

Definitely an improvement over the stock speakers. Are they "super" don't know, definitely helps the sound though. They are "angled" but it seems like they are pointing the wrong way. That could just be the grills of the tweeter though.

I do not have the 77kick25ab so I cannot really compare the two.

However while I originally liked the sound of removing the smaller speakers from the soundbar, after hearing the Super Tweeters in the dash, I feel like the 77kick10 speakers alone in the soundbar is lacking in sound. So I will probably add the 77kick25ab speakers. Although seeing as I will have to add bass blockers, I might look around a bit more and see if there is something better.

Edit to add: I should clarify that the Kicker subwoofer has such heavy bass, I need to bring the volume up on the rest of the speakers. If you don't have a hard hitting sub in the back, you might be fine with just the 77kick10 quad setup and some tweeters in the dash.

What do you think now that you have lived with them for a little while?

Also, they appear to be mounted to the plate with the 1 screw on back and the little bracket. I suspect that you could loosen the screw and turn the tweeter so that they tilted in to the listening zone.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What do you think now that you have lived with them for a little while?

Also, they appear to be mounted to the plate with the 1 screw on back and the little bracket. I suspect that you could loosen the screw and turn the tweeter so that they tilted in to the listening zone.
I was being dumb in that original post. They can spin like a top with no screw adjustment needed. Kind of a spring like mechanism that let's you push it up to move it.

They are definitely better than stock. But probably not worth the price. I like it cause it was easy, and it fits great. I have no idea how people fit the 77kick25ab in there.

Price wise it is worth it if you want a 10 minute fix that improves the sound.

I am going to replace the head unit first and see how that sounds. But I might gut the whole system and spend big money putting in better stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was about to place an order for 4 of them and wasn’t sure it was worth it up in the sound bar. I was debating leaving the factory 3.5, unplugging them and just seeing how the 77kick10s up there do, or adding these tweeters with the 77kick10s. Thoughts?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts