Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see the new Quadratec brand wenches that are available next month? If so, any thoughts. They show comparisons with other brands. Looks like it might be a good deal. It's on there main page.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Quadratec has some hott models...

As for the winches, not sure...most go with warn, engo, etc...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hey now..Quadratec didnt start making me!

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Great prices...I'd like to know who is the manufacturer and if they are made here in the USA. :confused:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
There is always that side of me that says, "don't go cheap because it will work fine when spooling the drum but won't when you really need it." I don't know that that is really the case, but I know it's something that sticks out in my mind when I consider that you could buy 3.5 of those (or Smittybilt, Rough Country, Harbor Freight, etc) for what one Warn 9.6ti winch costs.

I always have this feeling that there is one company making all of those sub-$300 winches and letting the individual buyers badge them how they want.

Another thought I have is that for $300, it's almost just worth a shot. Worst case is it doesn't work and you have to use your tow strap. And you send it back under their warranty and get it fixed or replaced.

I have strong opinions about a lot of Jeep parts, but winches are a tough one for me personally.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I saw those also. With the low price I figure they have to be Chinese. The stats on them look good, I just hate the color. I wonder if painting one would hold more heat in or somehow void the warranty. I'm sure at that price, if it gets used enough, it will be getting returned.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Most of the wenches I have seen in the Quadratec catalogs are extremely HOT!But the winches are a whole different subject!

·
Registered
10 Posts
For not even a $100 more you can get a entry level warn Economy 8K so why risk it. Besides you could sell the warn in a year or two for at least half to upgrade.

·
Registered
119 Posts

:)

For not even a $100 more you can get a entry level warn Economy 8K so why risk it. Besides you could sell the warn in a year or two for at least half to upgrade.
For I definitely love Warn, and it's the winch brand I recommend more than any other winch, but Warn does source parts from China. Final assembly is in the US, though.

We also stand behind our products, especially those with our brand name on 'em! We've been in the business for 20 years and will be around to issue any warranties should the need arise. ;)

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I have had three different brand winches fail me when I needed them the most in the last 3 years!! Yes, and one was the "oh-so-cherished" Warn brand. The failure rate of any winch seems to be inversely-proportional to the mess you are in when you require its' service !! EVERY Warn winch I have ever (i.e. qty. 3) had leaked like a screen door on a submarine.......

The last wench I had fail me cost me over $875,000.00. I refer to her as "plaintiff", she simply calls me defendant.............now that it is over, I LMFAO!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
A Quadratec rep responded to this on another forum. It is sourced in China but not simply a rebrand of another. Also posted comparison to others in class and stacks up very well against the competition. Quadratec does advertise it as for "occaisonal" use.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
That reply would be in the link I posted in post #10

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have had three different brand winches fail me when I needed them the most in the last 3 years!! Yes, and one was the "oh-so-cherished" Warn brand. The failure rate of any winch seems to be inversely-proportional to the mess you are in when you require its' service !! EVERY Warn winch I have ever (i.e. qty. 3) had leaked like a screen door on a submarine.......

The last wench I had fail me cost me over $875,000.00. I refer to her as "plaintiff", she simply calls me defendant.............now that it is over, I LMFAO!!
I had a Smittybilt XRC-8 fail me 4+ times when I absolutely needed it to work. Solenoid went. New one in, failed again when I needed it, etc. Many hours added to the trip later, I arrived home at 4am of what should've been an earlier (10pm) arrival. Such is wheeling I guess.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts