Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some deliberation I decided to go with a Quadratop as my replacement softop. I wanted a sailcloth top originally but figured since my Jeep is garaged and is my weekend toy I couldn't really justify the $400+ for Bestop.

Anyways, the top came well packaged and in good shape (minus a few light scratches on the windows)...not a big deal. The fabric was a decent weight. Its not what I would consider heavy duty, but its not lightweight either (23oz i think).

Unpacked it, glanced over the instructions, and had it on in about 30 - 45 mins by myself. Was an easy install. I used the handle end of a butter knife to pry the fabric over the frame get the door skins on. Worked like a charm.

The only thing I've noticed is that I have a slight gap on the drivers side door skin (See last photo).

All in all I'm pretty happy with it. Went on easily. For my needs I think this really fit the bill. The tautness is pretty good (as good as the one I had on before), and there is no flapping around 60mph (haven't hit the interstate yet). So, yeah...I'd probably buy it again.

Gap in doorskin

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did the Door Skins come with saeveral extra inches of weather striping? My Bestop did. Perhaps you did not cut enough weather striping off the front of the door - this causes the back to drop. Producung your gap?

Let us know pal...

ps: If any of my fellow Jeepers need help installing a soft top...I am out of town that day! My hands are hurting! :surrender:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the Door Skins come with saeveral extra inches of weather striping? My Bestop did. Perhaps you did not cut enough weather striping off the front of the door - this causes the back to drop. Producung your gap?
Yup sure did. I cut it off to where it was flush with the top of the door. Are you saying the gap is caused when the door is closed? That would make sense actually.

What size lift do you have?
Old man emu 2"

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh the front! I'll double check it. That is probably the source of the problem. Will let you know, thanks :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've had my Quadratop since early Fall (though I have the full doors) and still really like it. Mine is garaged as well, so I can't vouch for it always being outside, but about 6 months later the top is still pretty taut, looks great and really isn't much noisier than the factory top it replaced. At highway speeds I crack a window as the windows seem to "bow out" otherwise more than my factory windows did-- that gap in your window may actually be a good thing! Probably because it is much more airtight than my worn original top.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the late reply. I have not fixed the gap as of yet. I live in FL and we've had a warm winter (average about 70 degrees) so I haven't used the door skins since I installed them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts