Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Zone 1.25". Trying to make room for my UC fab tummy tuck. Is zone of decent quality or is there a better kit?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I have the JKS. Good and easy to install. The spacers are big. Are you installing a motor lift as well?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
There really is not a lot of difference in body lift quality. Zone should be fine. Mine is performance accessories and its fine too.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I've installed both the JKS and Zone BLs. 1.25" is 1.25". The only thing that the JKS BL has over the Zone is the grill supports. JKS comes with new supports that are easier to install while the Zone comes with steel spacers that can be hard to install. Either is good.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I have the 1.25" from RC.... took me an hour to install it ( no rust to deal with for me )

I hope you have done your research on TT's...... They are not cheap to do it right.....

It also depends on what you already have as far as lift size and the components that you installed already.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the JKS. Good and easy to install. The spacers are big. Are you installing a motor lift as well?
yes

I have the 1.25" from RC.... took me an hour to install it ( no rust to deal with for me )

I hope you have done your research on TT's...... They are not cheap to do it right.....

It also depends on what you already have as far as lift size and the components that you installed already.

yes, i know. Ive been slowly peicing it together. Have my Adj Uca and LCA's, SYE ( saving for the tom woods shafts). I have a 2" suspension lift now. I dont want to go any higher than 3. 25" total lift. When i have been crawling everytime I get stuck or hung up its on my stock shovel. Its time to get rid of it.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Another good drive shaft to consider is tattons. Have them on my cj, cheaper and equal quality as my tom woods on my lj.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
You should be ok with the standard SYE with only 2" SL.... Using the EXTRA CLEARANCE UCF skid would net you 2" more clearance, which would net you a similar drive line angle of running a 4" SL using a stock tranny mount. Using the LoPro mount will lower your T-case approx 1" more, giving you an operating angle of a 3" SL. Understand where I am going with this? If I were to do it again, I would run a super short SYE..... regardless of what lift I had.. and I have 4" SL

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I'm going to have to throw another kit into the fray here. I was running a PA 1" BL but, needed an extra 1/4" to make things easier with the install of my Savvy Under Armor. I already researched that frame flex had been the cause of one radiator failure for me and had caused many other rad failures when the oem grill snubbers or supports were replaced with other types. The Savvy 1 1/4" BL reuses the OEM snubbers.

That's my 2¢. Obviously many have had no issues with rad failures associated with other BL kits. I just wanted to remove one more possible ingredient to failure.

·
Registered
941 Posts
f9k9 said:
I'm going to have to throw another kit into the fray here. I was running a PA 1" BL but, needed an extra 1/4" to make things easier with the install of my Savvy Under Armor. I already researched that frame flex had been the cause of one radiator failure for me and had caused many other rad failures when the oem grill snubbers or supports were replaced with other types. The Savvy 1 1/4" BL reuses the OEM snubbers.

That's my 2¢. Obviously many have had no issues with rad failures associated with other BL kits. I just wanted to remove one more possible ingredient to failure.
The Zone kit also reuses them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts