Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opinion who makes the best wheel spacers, and why?

Also, if you have wheel spacers on your jeep post some picks...please specify thickness, and tire size for everyone!

Some Examples: Spider Trax, Rugged Ridge, Alloy USA,

Thank you in advance for your contribution to this thread.

Cheers!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tagging along. Let us know what you find!
Not a problem! I'm currently reviewing a few companies...going to dig a litter deeper on the quality and references.

I hope to find a site with some decent pricing.

I'll let you guys know in the next day or so which one I'm purchasing.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am currently reviewing the following makers of wheel spacers, specifically 1.5":

Rugged Ridge

Alloy USA

Teraflex

Spidertrax

G2 Axle & Gear

·
Registered
269 Posts
If youre going to be using wheel spacers, i recommend bolt on. in my company, if you come in for any sort of work with a slip on, we'll do the work and hand them back to you in a bag, reason being that they are unsafe and dont allow for proper thread engagement

·
Registered
404 Posts
2 sets of Poison Spider 1.5" here, no complaints. They were just closing out the clear anodized pretty cheap with free shipping a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Morris sells a brand called Rough Trail, which sounds bogus, but they look just like the Spidertrax.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yep, im running the poison spyder 1.5 inch spacers. They were 80 bucks a pair, which is 20 dollars cheaper than spydertrax, and it was free shipping from Northridge. They are hub centric, which is the recommended kind of spacer. No problems so far

·
Registered
208 Posts
265/70/17's with 1.75 spider trax spacers .. No problems here.. Already posted these pics for someone with a duratracs tire pic request .. Now this is a spacer request ..hope it helps

image-2389393332.jpg

image-163238608.jpg

image-868046267.jpg

·
Registered
283 Posts
Poison Spyder 1.5's on mine. Got em from Northridge4x4. No problems here.
Before:

After:

·
Registered
190 Posts
When I was on the subaru forums - everyone was very against recommending wheel spacers because they put a ton of strain on the wheel bearings.

Is this the same for Jeep? I had aftermarket wheels on my subaru which were the equivalent of having ~1/2" spacers - and my wheel bearings were all shot by 60,000 miles (it was also a lemon in very many other ways though).

·
Registered
465 Posts
Spidertrax 1.5" with MT Sidebiters. Needed these cause I keep hitting suspension during big flex.
Troy

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Poison Spyder 1.5's on mine. Got em from Northridge4x4. No problems here.
Before:

After:
That minor change in wheel spacers just kicked your jeep up 5 notches. Looks awesome!!! I think that just solidified my decision! Putting in an order tomorrow from for some 1.5" spacers.

What Kind.....I guess will see.

Thanks!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought my jeep in May as well!!!

Has anyone heard of this wheel bearing problem?????

Also, how much are wheel bearings on a jeep? Just incase I do have to get new ones.

Cheers!

·
Registered
274 Posts
spacers or differnt offset wheels pretty much do the same thing as far as wear on unit bearings which suck anyway.but are easy to change. ive changed one out so far at 80k miles all of which were with aftermarket rims or spacers

i have run a set of spider trax for the last 4 years on current JK and 2 years on previous JK and they are the same set of spacers. only had one tire come loose once but thats cause i didnt torque lug nuts properly. i also tow a camper and boat with my jeep

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
spacers or differnt offset wheels pretty much do the same thing as far as wear on unit bearings which suck anyway.but are easy to change. ive changed one out so far at 80k miles all of which were with aftermarket rims or spacers

i have run a set of spider trax for the last 4 years on current JK and 2 years on previous JK and they are the same set of spacers. only had one tire come loose once but thats cause i didnt torque lug nuts properly. i also tow a camper and boat with my jeep
Hey BeerMonkey,

What is the correct torque on the lug nuts?

Is it different for the spacers to the wheel studs, and the rim to the spacer?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
190 Posts

How much are parts to change wheel bearings? My subaru I was quoted $350 / wheel. What would a wrangler be for parts alone, and then parts + labor?

I'm thinking it's probably something I should be able to do on my own.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts