Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eyes have now gone crossed.. Lol.. Three weeks into which lift I should get... 2 door. Sport. 3.21

3.25 RC

2 old man

2.25 RC

3 zone with their nitro shocks

Now I've heard about Rough Country.. It's either people love it or the same amount of people hate them...( quality of the springs)

Last night I was reading people have better luck with the zone lift and its just a little more than the RC.

Now, the old man I pretty much understand this is top quality for the most part. It's just 250.00 to 300.00 more than the zone pending where your order from.

My whole plan with my lift is to do minor offloading, nothing serious. It is my daily driver...Also to put 305/70/16 or 285/75/16 on this jeep.

I understand so many posts on all these forums, but right now I am really stuck in a rut with pulling the trigger though...

Any help would be great so I don't spend anymore nights till 1am looking at pros and cons night after night..

Thank you!!!!!

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
2.5 Teraflex coil with shocks or 2.5 Rock Krawler with shocks. Both are about as good as it gets with lifts for a JK.

·
Registered
470 Posts
My eyes have now gone crossed.. Lol.. Three weeks into which lift I should get... 2 door. Sport. 3.21

3.25 RC

2 old man

2.25 RC

3 zone with their nitro shocks

Now I've heard about Rough Country.. It's either people love it or the same amount of people hate them...( quality of the springs)

Last night I was reading people have better luck with the zone lift and its just a little more than the RC.

Now, the old man I pretty much understand this is top quality for the most part. It's just 250.00 to 300.00 more than the zone pending where your order from.

My whole plan with my lift is to do minor offloading, nothing serious. It is my daily driver...Also to put 305/70/16 or 285/75/16 on this jeep.

I understand so many posts on all these forums, but right now I am really stuck in a rut with pulling the trigger though...

Any help would be great so I don't spend anymore nights till 1am looking at pros and cons night after night..

Thank you!!!!!
minor offroading and daily driver...you should look at AEV 2.5 Dualsport with Geo brackets. I'm not saying this because its the one I bought (I haven't installed it yet)...I'm saying it bc it gets virtually 100% incredible reviews for "way better then stock road performance"....and it will be just fine for off-roading. More importantly...don't stress about it. Learn as much about your jeep suspension as possible...the brand of lift is secondary.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
minor offroading and daily driver...you should look at AEV 2.5 Dualsport with Geo brackets. I'm not saying this because its the one I bought (I haven't installed it yet)...I'm saying it bc it gets virtually 100% incredible reviews for "way better then stock road performance"....and it will be just fine for off-roading. More importantly...don't stress about it. Learn as much about your jeep suspension as possible...the brand of lift is secondary.
Ill have to agree with this

·
Registered
87 Posts
Another vote for the aev 2.5 lift. I would've done teraflex or rock krawler if I was playing with rocks, but this is a 99% daily driver with a trail every once in a while. The aev rides better than stock.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My Vote also goes to choosing based on your driving habits. I went with a Basic RC 2.5 (Just new shocks and springs) as a band aid for the time being since she is me daily driver and since future plans involve 37's or 38's and 5"'s of lift (when I have a beater to run around in). I have to say I like the set-up so far. I've put about 2k in miles on her since I installed and nothing sagged or popped or anything..

On a side note....ANYTHING will ride better than the stock suspension....

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have the RC 3.5" Series II lift and I like it. It's been on for nearly a year and 13k miles and I haven't had any issues with it. Of course, I don't have anything to compare it to, but it has met my standards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the 2" Old Man Emu lift on my 2 door, I picked heavy duty springs.
It rides great, very smooth, I drove my fathers stock JK the other day and I was much more comfortable in mine.
I'd recommend the steering stabilizer, that's on my to do list.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all your replies... I'm still running all these options around in my head.. Damn... Lol

·
Registered
449 Posts
How bout Rubicon Express. I have heard good things

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm pretty much decided in Rubicon express 2.5 standard coil lift with either the monotubes which are tuned bilsteins or rancho 7000s. I think I'm going with the 7000s. Same price though. The kit without shocks is $380 I believe.

·
Registered
873 Posts
My thoughts -

1.) Your suspension is a terrible place to try and "save" money or cheap out (brakes are another area where this is a terrible idea).

Your suspension, apart from the cool look and the off road goodness, is (first and foremost) a life saving device. It is a very big part of what keeps you from being dead every time you operate your Jeep. Buy quality, even if it takes longer, even if you need to spend more time saving.

2.) Don't get wrapped up on getting a kit or even sourcing all the parts from the same company.

Unless you are completely reworking the suspension (i.e. changing to a 3 or 4 link setup, long arm, coil over, etc.) you are not going to see huge differences in a lot of instances. You'll be hard pressed to compare the performance of one steering damper versus another or experience the relative benefits of competing adjustable track bars when a.) you are not doing hard core off road driving and b.) they are not in your "kit" anyway, because you're just getting your feet wet.

This goes back to the bit about buying quality - learn your suspension and make a determination about which parts you want/need to replace in your lift. Then find the kit that offers the parts you want or simply the parts you like best on your own.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the 2" Old Man Emu lift on my 2 door, I picked heavy duty springs.
It rides great, very smooth, I drove my fathers stock JK the other day and I was much more comfortable in mine.
I'd recommend the steering stabilizer, that's on my to do list.
I am just curious, why do you want steering stabilizer. Do you currently have any issues that you are hoping that the SS would resolve? I am currently in the process of deciding on the lift and most likely going with OME lift (light weight springs). I am still debating, if I should go with SS or not.

-SloKrawler

1 - 14 of 14 Posts