Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good next step up tire for my 98 Sahara, 6.0. Not interested in lifting it just yet, or doing too much extra work besides mounting and installing. I'll probably get a set of wheels too. Any specific make/models that look cool and perform well? Where is the best place to shop for them? And I am guessing that 31 is the biggest you can go with out any rubbing or lifting, etc...correct?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Depending upon your individual vehicle, you might need spacers, or at least a rim that has enough backspacing, to prevent rub at full turn. Each tire manufacturer is different too. If you do enough research, you can find what worked best for most folks on here, with and without lift.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
31 mtrs are great will rub on control arms a little at full lock. No biggie. Good off road performance. Wheel spacers or new wheels would fix rubbing but it's like trying to park in a stupid spot rubbing. Very live able.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
31s. Firestone destination MTs. A little less expensive than the Goodyear and BFGs but same quality if you ask me. Good road manners for MTs, throw mud like its their job, oh wait that is their job!

I always recommend them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Oh PS, I have no rub but I also have negative backspacing with my rims so they stick out a bit. One thing no one told me about this is that with decent MTs and offset wheels plus stock fenderflares, mud clumps and rocks will get into your jeep, often times at high velocity. I no longer drive fast on gravel roads, but its not a rally car so that's probably a good thing

·
Registered
90 Posts
Rubi take offs. Im running the 31" BFG mud terrains. They look great and kick but in the mud and the road. Real smooth on the pavement and run for about 50k miles. New you can get the wheels and tires for around $1000-1200 on Craigslist. Gotta be a little patient, but they will pop up near you eventually. My rig is a stock '11 JKU.

The only thing with them for me is they are not supposed to be the best in sand because they are make to dig. I'm on the beach all the time and have never had a problem. I'm afraid if I try pulling someone out I'll just dig myself into a big hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts