Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a JKU Sahara with 120,000 miles, so far so good, drives great, one owner, clean car fax, basically mint condition.. however I didn’t get the 3 year 36,000 mopar warranty the dealer was pushing because after all was said and done the dealer was trying to tell me the cost was 2999 and then for towing loaner and roadside assistance it would be an additional 1,446 (meanwhile that is already covered in the mopar package I found out later) which would add up to an extra 4,441 which is insane. Guy was definitely trying to rob me. My question is, if the engine has made it this far without engine problems should I just forget about the warranty and risk it? Or just contact mopar and pay whatever the cost is for the package directly through them?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought a 2013 with 76k on it. Dealer was the exact opposite. Said the warranty was like 3300 and way to expensive and not worth it.

I only did about 3 seconds of research but, I'm pretty sure a brand new engine isn't even that much.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I’d be surprised if mopar offered a warranty with that many miles on it.

·
Registered
4 Jeep family
298 Posts
They will offer a warranty on any vehicle, if the price and terms is to their liking (we were also offered a similar Mopar warranty on our 2013 JKU with almost 110k miles, but for even more $$). I told them I’d be half way to a Hemi swap for what they were asking.

If it was properly maintained and continues to be, should be fine. Jut pay attention to any new noises and correctly quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts