Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 JKU 4 door that I have already put the Teraflex 2.5 BB kit on.
I liked the level stance I ended up with. But when I added a set of front and rear bumpers (Rugged Ridge) the nose dropped a bit more than the rear and the stance is now nose down about an inch.
If I add a set of 4 door Rubicon springs just to the front, will I gain that one inch back?
Also...are there more than one spring rates for the 4 door ruby?

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Probably and don't call them rubicon springs people seem to get offended because they are not special rubicon springs por say. They aren't some special spring just a different size

·
The Bad Guy
23,245 Posts
Report back with the last 2 digits of the model number of the tag on your springs and we can tell you if it would help. Chances are slim it will be of help since you have a 4 door. Rubicon springs are no different than Sport or Sahara. There are several different spring rates available among all the Wranglers, however.

Since you are replacing the springs anyway, getting aftermarket springs, such as TF or OME, and replacing your BB would be the best option IMO.

·
Registered
818 Posts
daggo66 said:
Report back with the last 2 digits of the model number of the tag on your springs and we can tell you if it would help. Chances are slim it will be of help since you have a 4 door. Rubicon springs are no different than Sport or Sahara. There are several different spring rates available among all the Wranglers, however.

Since you are replacing the springs anyway, getting aftermarket springs, such as TF or OME, and replacing your BB would be the best option IMO.
You gotta be tired of explaining this.
Ha..they should make this topic a sticky!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called Teraflex this morning to see if they made a 3.5 spacer and was told no but by putting the "Rubicon" springs in, it would add one inch to the height I have.
Here is a pic of the tag on my springs.

·
The Bad Guy
23,245 Posts
Your front spring is a "17". The highest is a "19". You will gain less than an inch if anything from making that switch. I said nothing about a 3.5" spacer, that would be absurd. Look at aftermarket coil springs and get rid of your spacer.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your front spring is a "17". The highest is a "19". You will gain less than an inch if anything from making that switch. I said nothing about a 3.5" spacer, that would be absurd. Look at aftermarket coil springs and get rid of your spacer.
Not sure what you are referring to about you "not saying anything about a 3.5 spacer". In my post I said I asked TF if they made a spacer taller than 2.5, perhaps a 3.5, and was told no.
What aftermarket spring would you suggest?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
daggo66
I realize now what you were saying....but I had called them early this morning, before I had posted the thread. I did not talk to them after I read your post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts