Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me process this.

I don't know that I want to bed line the entire bed of my jeep, it is rust free. BUT, I was thinking of bed lining the foot wells of my jeep for some added protection from the winter here in Mich. I this a stupid idea? Should I just do it all, as this is Michigan.

Any opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Please help me process this.

I don't know that I want to bed line the entire bed of my jeep, it is rust free. BUT, I was thinking of bed lining the foot wells of my jeep for some added protection from the winter here in Mich. I this a stupid idea? Should I just do it all, as this is Michigan.

Any opinions are welcome.

I don't think it is stupid..I like doing all of mine but that's just my personal like..do it however you like it best

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not stupid at all. The entire interior of mine is bed lined and I love it. Took a day to prep and spray and put everything back together, and if I ever get another Jeep in the future, it will probably be one of my first projects.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Definitely a great idea! I'm going to do mine once I get some rust repaired. If you're going to do the foot wells, I would do the whole bottom and at least 6 inches up all the sides. And if you're doing that you might as well do the whole tub because a gallon of liner will do two coats on a tub plus a little (at least with Monstaliner)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I actually taped this part off from the bedliner to begin with and then resprayed it with red but if you just primer over spray on bedliner and then use the paint you want you will still end up with a smooth texture for the paint. The reason I did this is because I wanted to make my jeep my "own jeep" so I did this custom sort of bedliner/paint in my interior.

·
Mr Jeepy of California
466 Posts
I don't think it is stupid..I like doing all of mine but that's just my personal like..do it however you like it best
Did you do my liner? Because absolutely EVERYTHING in my Jeep is lined :rofl: I love knowing I won't ever have rust. The pedals, boot, seat brackets, side rails, everything to do with the rag top hardware, tailgate, wheel wells and every bolt :whistling:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Did you do my liner? Because absolutely EVERYTHING in my Jeep is lined :rofl: I love knowing I won't ever have rust. The pedals, boot, seat brackets, side rails, everything to do with the rag top hardware, tailgate, wheel wells and every bolt :whistling:
we don't go quite that far..we do strip everything out of the bed and then roll and brush herculiner on the entire inside of the tub.there are many brands out there and I have no idea which is actually the best.I guess it depends on the look you want and your intended use.I like the herculiner because I haul a lot of stuff in mine working around the farm. Plus,my 150 pound lab doesn't slide on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is awesome. Thanks everyone. I am going to man up and bedline the tub. I guess I just needed the push.

Thanks again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts