Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhat new to the forum and hadn't seen this question or issue come up. I'm looking to put 33's or possibly even 35's on my 09 jk. Will most tire shops mount or install them or will they not since it is an oversized tire. Had a buddy who ran into this issue. Also, know I have a lift but have no clue how much. Bought the jeep used at a Chevy dealership and they were clueless. Also have vtec raptor 17 inch wheels, but not sure how wide they are. Currently running 255/75/17 that just look too small for my liking. Don't know if I could run 35's with the current lift or if I should just go with 33's. Should like to keep the same wheels if possible. Any input would be awesome

Attachments

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You couldnt find any info on this subject? Your kidding right?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Tire shops follow manufacturer recommendations. Look at the tires you are considering and see the recommended rim width. Some will allow 1/2" above or below the recommended range but some will not.

In addition you need consider interference issues with tires 11" and wider on stock wheels.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice Jeep. I'm surprised you haven't found any answers to your question. What was your question?

Judging by the pictures, I'd guess you have a budget boost. Best way to tell is crawl underneath and look for spacers, spring part numbers or anything and start googling. Or take it to a local 4x4 shop and have then take a look. You could easily get 33's on there going by the pictures.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
What I meant by that was shops installing a bigger tire.

I dont know where you live but shops around here do it all the time. Discount etc...

Most people who wheel jeeps do bigger tires...any shop who wont, dont get my money...move to different shop or different town.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You can do 35's with no lift but ma have to trim the fenders. If you have a Budget Boost you can probably do 35's and no trimming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts