Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hardtop only so I don't have any soft top hardware. I found a steal last night on E-bay for a Bikini Top and Windjammer that someone bought and never used before selling there Jeep. Got both for $55 well $69 with shipping. I also found a windshield bar for a reasonable price so I am at least set to put it on.

The Question

I think that I remember someone saying you can get the door surrounds so the bikini will work with them thus helping if it starts to rain on you down the road. Is this correct? The reason I ask is that I checked the price on door surrounds and they are a absolute rip off. $89 each, that is ridiculously a scam by the manufacture for a bent piece of metal but what are you going to do if you don't have them. Has anyone found them cheaper?

Going to pick up a duster next

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I have a hardtop only so I don't have any soft top hardware. I found a steal last night on E-bay for a Bikini Top and Windjammer that someone bought and never used before selling there Jeep. Got both for $55 well $69 with shipping. I also found a windshield bar for a reasonable price so I am at least set to put it on.

The Question

I think that I remember someone saying you can get the door surrounds so the bikini will work with them thus helping if it starts to rain on you down the road. Is this correct? The reason I ask is that I checked the price on door surrounds and they are a absolute rip off. $89 each, that is ridiculously a scam by the manufacture for a bent piece of metal but what are you going to do if you don't have them. Has anyone found them cheaper?

It's actually worse than that. It's not a bent piece of metal, it's a molded piece of plastic.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts

The Question

It's actually worse than that. It's not a bent piece of metal, it's a molded piece of plastic.

It's actually worse than that... You gotta have the 4 bolts to secure them and they are $20 ea.......

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I found these on E-bay. It is the complete set with knobs. Anyone use Sunrider version? They say they work on most bikinis. $224 with shipping

"This listing is for an original pair of Door Surrounds (aka Shrouds) for 2007-10 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door. They will not fit the 4 door Unlimited. These are factory parts. They are part of the factory soft top and used on most bikini tops. They're are brand new in the Mopar box and bags. They are the Sunrider version, so they have the little locking clips built into them. Includes all four knobs."

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
I have the Bestop bikini top and windjammer and I have to remove the door surrounds to use them. The straps aren't long enough to go around the surrounds. It isn't 100% waterproof, but good enough.

·
Marine Jeeper
5,399 Posts
Im using my bikini, deck cover and windjammer combo right now without door surrounds because I too have a hardtop. The only point that's really exposed is on the side and above the doors. Not too bad and I ripped the carpet out of my jeep so I really don't mind if it gets wet inside.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have both tops but want to go the bikini/windjam/deck cover route, is it safe to say I will be dry inside because I do have the door surrounds?

·
Banned
916 Posts
As long as you stay moving you will be dry. If you have to stop...or park..it will fill with water...when you take off..it will all dump out. The water that accumulates has very sneaky ways of finding its way into the cab. If its really raining hard...I keep a synthetic chamois hand in the front. It is a hell of a lot drier than without though!! I have a soft top that I removed (as in unbolted and it sits in my garage) in march and have been going the bikini route when it rains since then..no rain..no top. I do also have the duster for the rear.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kicking myself in the backside. Should be more specific when I ask a questions especially when asking a women who isn't a true jeeper, lol. The Ebay ad said bikini top and windjammer, new but put on once but took right back off and never used. It listed the parts as bikini top and windjammer and started the bid at $55.00. No one else bid so I got it at a steal. In my excitement I figured I would go ahead and get at windshield bracket so it would be ready to go on and did find one at a good price and got it yesterday.

Well, got my bikini top and windjammer in today. other then folding the windjammer making a small crease in the plastic window it looks sharp.

Well. she included the windshield bracket so now I have two. I know that I asked her and she said no it didn't come with a bracket. Guess she didn't know what I was talking about since it was already on the bikini. Oh well, I guess I will have an extra. Still got it all for less then the cost of the windjammer by itself so can't complain but still going to kick myself anyways

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Sell the spare header. Folks need them all the time.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I plan on it as soon as I figure out which one I want. They are different styles. Not having a soft top I am assuming the one on the bikini is a stock header. It has latches on them to connect to the windshield. The separate header is mounted with knob style bolts.

Anyone have experience in both styles and which one is best?

·
Registered
589 Posts
The Knob one is after market the Clamp style is factory style but I would check the fit for what looks and seals the best

1 - 13 of 13 Posts