Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Jeep it's an 89 YJ and when I got it they had some 18" rims and low profile tires on it. I believe that the suspension is stock from what I see. I got a new set of Nitto Terra Grappler LT325/65R18R's from a friend. Will they work on my Jeep or do I need a lift and what kind and how much do I need.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
get rid of those nasty wheels. put some normal 15" wheels on it w/ 31" tires. that's my opinion. wranglers shouldn't have no bling:doh:

·
Registered
368 Posts
325's are around 36 inches. You will need to do a spring over conversion, or probably a 4 inch suspension and 2 inch body lift. Running 36's you will need at least a new rear axle, like a Ford 8.8 or D44. The front D30 can handle it if you dont do a lot of hardcore stuff. Then you will probably have to regear. Your might want to trade the tires for some smaller ones, get a 2-4 inch lift, and sell those wheels to a hood rat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree I was thinking about getting rid of them they are to well urban for me. I was thinking about a 2" body lift and some nice 15" rims and some 31's or 32's.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine's a 92 - stock wheels, stock springs, 2" shackle lift kit (4" shackles), and 31's. Been that way for about 4 years, no issues. Eventually I'll do it "right" and put lift springs in...but for what I do (not much) it works fine and clears the tires with no problems.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
i'd recomend shackles before body lift, especially on a yj.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts