Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im missing one lug nut on each tire is this very bad or just kinda bad haha
and one of the things that the lug nut fastens to is snapped off how hard is this to fix

·
Genius
20,965 Posts
Just go to Vatozone and get a new set of lug nuts. The thing that the lug nut fastens to is called a lug stud. You could probably pick one up at Vatozone when your getting the lug nuts. You'll have to pound out (with a hammer and punch) whats leftof the broken one, they are pressed in. Is it on the front or the back? Well either way, the easiest way is to put the new one in from behind (thats what she said :rofl:) and pry it in just a bit with a prybar or screwdriver, just so the splines grab a bit. Then put a lug nut on and tighten it till the stud is seated all the way in.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok that sounds good to me a cheap fix?
and is it bad to be driving with one missing from each?

·
Genius
20,965 Posts
For a short time no. But I wouldn't go runnin up and down the interstate or rippin it up at Moab without them. It sounds like the PO lost the lug nuts for one tire and robbed one each from the other 3 to get that one back on.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea he really messed the jeep up
i had duct tape holding on my radiator fan and the V line is broken and i cant find where to hook it up. the wires under the dash are all messed with the running lights along with my halogens in the front are disconnected and lost in the sea of wiring under the dash. driverside roll bar that connects to the windshield is broken, the nut that holds it on is snapped in half. and other little stuff but i have alot of work. at least i got it running. also im only getting 13 mpg with a 4 cyl?? and i think thats because it was not tuned up since it was purchased in 92 sooo i have a lot of work haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts