Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased a used 2012 JKU that came with a Rough Country lift (that I'm not fond of) and 35in tires.

My question is how do I find out what size lift I have?

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Based on that pic, I would say 3.5". Anyone else?

Reactions: Defeckted

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks guys! I've had a few Jeeps in the past but not much experience with lifts. My last lift was only 2.5in and I could tell this was much higher, but was unsure how high. The ride and steering are kind of terrible so I foresee new shocks and possibly steering stabilizer in my near future.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Thanks guys! I've had a few Jeeps in the past but not much experience with lifts. My last lift was only 2.5in and I could tell this was much higher, but was unsure how high. The ride and steering are kind of terrible so I foresee new shocks and possibly steering stabilizer in my near future.

What do you mean by terrible steering? Give us some details and the forum can give you some very good feedback. A steering stabilizer if great, but only if your steering is already good. Don't add a new steering stabilizer to fix steering issues. It will just mask them and when they reappear, they will just be worse.

Reactions: JShadrick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To me the steering seems very touché. Not to the point of being wobbly, but I have to be on my toes if I hit a pothole or something because it will jerk the jeep around some. Dealer had 45psi in the tires and it helped some after I took the pressure to 30psi.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
To me the steering seems very touché. Not to the point of being wobbly, but I have to be on my toes if I hit a pothole or something because it will jerk the jeep around some. Dealer had 45psi in the tires and it helped some after I took the pressure to 30psi.
How many miles on the Jeep? You want to look for slop, or movement, in your steering.....check the frame mount bolt on your track bar...make sure it's torqued to 125ft/lbs. Check you tie rod ends...make sure everything is torqued down and boot on end is in good shape. Check your ball joints. If there is slop or something is loose, you want to get it fixed. If you need to fix one, or all, look into something that is aftermarket and heavy duty.

Pretty good explanation of the issue in linked video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=54ZgNWTiY0s

Reactions: JShadrick
1 - 11 of 11 Posts