Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at their products and was wondering what this Tummy Tucker is and if anyone has used them. Also, is Nth degree a good company? I have heard little from them and would like some feedback.

*Edit*
Nth TJ1 Kit

·
Registered
353 Posts
i bought their upper uca's but only a month old so not much feedback on them but have talked to their service a couple of times about some arm lengths and the tech i talked to couldnt give me an answer so she actually gave me the cell # of the tech who was in moab. that impressed me for customer service.:)

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
there are some really good products from the guys at Nth. The belly pan is pretty cool. I really like their rear stinger setup from traction purposes. But there are some products that made me wonder what in the hell they were thinking.

Their rocker guards do not work with a body lift unless you modify the stock brackets. Plus their front grill hoop and bumper setup does not allow for an antirock. That really confused me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm sounds a little too confusing for me, I like thing s that are really straight forward. I did read about how good their customer service was, thats why I was asking. I like the idea of gaining 5" of clearance with only 2" of lift, but it seems like it could be a little more complicated.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
I've heard some good things about them but you should always search out vendors for yourself instead of relying on biased opinions. Type in DPGOFFROAD into google or your favorite search engine and read the reviews. Usually a phone call with some general questions will lead you to find out on your own about Dirk. :)

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
just so you know.... I am completely biased because Dirk is a great friend of mine. The red wrangler in his trailgunner suspension systems belongs to my wife. :)

That's why I say you should search it out for yourself because many people take the first word they see. You will not find any bad words about DPG as a business or Dirk as a person. There are quite a few people here who have done business with him and can back up my words.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The nTH Tummy Tucker is a good product. There are others out there that people like as well. I run the Jeep Medic Belly Up and still others like the 33 eng skid. If you have a Rubi, I would definitely go with Jeep Medic as I don't like nTH's locker pump relocation.

They all have their advantages but any of them will get rid of the stock t-case skid (aka "shovel") and give you a couple inches of extra clearance in the belly. Most require a body lift and/or motor mount lift for clearances or drive line angles.

If you have any lift at all and combine a Tummy Tuck, you will likely need rear adjustable UCA's, CV drive shaft (all) and slip yoke eliminator (if not Rubi).

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
nth degree is a very good product but they are really proud off there stuff
the tummy tucker is great all the clearance and you don't even need to lift the body or engine

the guy that designed there suspension and other products also helped designed the tj

·
Registered
514 Posts
the tummy tucker is great all the clearance and you don't even need to lift the body or engine
That's not technically true. The nTH tummy tuck needs a body lift unless you want to dimple the tub. Basically this means taking a hammer and rod to dent the tub around the t-case for clearance. If you are inclined to dimple, I've seen the Jeep Medic fit with the same dimpling.

The motor mount lift is not used for clearance, it's used to bring the drive line angles back in line. Since the nTH lifts the t-case about 1/2" higher it is even MORE likely to need a MML.

I'm not bashing nTH's products as I think they are very good, just trying to inform.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
I like pieces of the Nth stuff but not all of it combined. That lift they have rollin I think has WAAAAAAAAY too many pieces involved. I'm from the school of the more parts you have the more chances for something to break.

That said I dig their belly up skid. Hell for a short time they were the only company that was making a totally flat skid. They discontinued it because it just wasn't fitting in the public and you really did have to do quite a bit to get it to work. I like some of their other skids also and have some of the same criticisms as others have had as well like the sliders, bumper, lift etc..... Overall I think they are probably a good company, but I don't have anything on my rig from them, and don't have a need for it. Just a sidenote on their belly up though. You might want to research whether you need an SYE and new Driveshaft to effectively use the skid. I'm thinking it's going to put your rear shaft in a position that doesn't make it very happy in stock form.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts