Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around for a Wrangler for a few months and I found this ad on Auto Trader. It looked pretty good but always a challenge buying something long distance. One of the things that concerned me was that when I went to Edmunds to get an idea on value, white was not a given option for color. Makes me wonder. Also, the ad says IL but the Jeep is clearly Iowa with the tags and the Hawkeye mats. Thoughts? Anyone know this Jeep?

Cars for Sale: 2000 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 Sahara in LEMONT, IL 60439: Sport Utility Details - 290499978 - AutoTrader.com

Paul

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Saraha s have same color fenders as the body. But those can be purchased after market, porters will shortly chime in on the other differences

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sahara's were available in white, as well in many colors. Appears to have a small lift, upgraded stereo, and extraset of rubber. Chrome tube bumpers should go to the scrap heap! Good luck

Zeep

·
Registered
148 Posts
Paul,
The first thing I always do is call my credit union and have them run a carfax. I looked for a couple of months as well as driving 350 miles to say no on one Jeep. As soon as i got home from that trip, within 5 minutes, I found one a Craigslist about 30 minutes away. If you have a weird or bad feeling about the Jeep there is usually a reason. I bought the one 30 minutes away. A 2000 Sahara in Desert Pearl with 65,000 original miles and a clean two owner carfax. Take your time, enjoy the hunt, and remember it is a buyers market.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Its a private seller... Obviously a college kid.

Keep in mind that this particular college is relatively close to Lemont/Chicagoland area. I had friends that went there who lived n Chicago.

He also has a Milwaukee Brewers sticker :9lame:

More than likely a college kid who drove it to college in Iowa and home to Lemont. He more than likely wheeled it as well.

Buyer beware when purchasing from a private seller. Especially a young adult.

But the price is pretty good. About where it should be. Maybe you can shake him down a bit lower.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I got a white '99 Sahara. Edmonds not listing them in white has to be a fluke.

As far as the Lemont, IL and Iowa deal...the Iowa border's not that far from the Chicago area. I agree with Phrankoff. Seller's either a college student or recently moved from Iowa.

I moved from WA back to IN about two months ago and I'm still running around with my WA plates. People don't always register a vehicle right away in their new state (regardless of "laws"), especially if the plates are still "good" for several more months and/or they plan to sell the vehicle soon.

Edit: Is it me or does the front axle in those pictures look like it's a couple inches too far back?

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.0
163 Posts
Hiya Paul,
The only thing I can advise and learnt the hard and expensive way is, it doesn't matter what kind of vehicle it is if you got a bad feeling or unsure about a car walk away. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts