Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy Snow's for the upcoming winter.

I just spoke with a friend / tire guy who told me that if I order rims and snow tires I would also need to get the sensors.

He told me that if I don't get the sensors then I would have a problem with traction control.

Can someone who knows has the experience help me through this. I don't care if the tpms light stays on but would it have any other effect..

I would be getting the same size as the summers.

Thanks.
H.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Tire guy is right in that you will get a low pressure dash light but the ABS/traction control should work off the tone rings.

In any event, sensors are $50 set for the 2013 (ebay) and around $125 set or the 2010-2012's.

I ordered and instaled 3 sets of Duratracs and TPMS sensors to go on factory 16" and 17" wheels for winter sets.

You can get a procal to disable the light and correct the speedo (if necessary) but the sensors, when functioning properly, have value.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tire guy is right in that you will get a low pressure dash light but the ABS/traction control should work off the tone rings.

In any event, sensors are $50 set for the 2013 (ebay) and around $125 set or the 2010-2012's.

I ordered and instaled 3 sets of Duratracs and TPMS sensors to go on factory 16" and 17" wheels for winter sets.

You can get a procal to disable the light and correct the speedo (if necessary) but the sensors, when functioning properly, have value.
Thanks... and where did you order the duratracs from ?

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
kdude said:
Thanks... and where did you order the duratracs from ?
When I bought mine, discounttire was the cheapest place to get them from. Free shipping, $50 WranglerForum discount, and a $100 rebate from treadlightly. I highly recommend the tire for all purpose useage. They are awesome in the snow too.

·
The Bad Guy
23,181 Posts
Rims or wheels? :rolleyes: The tire goes on the rim which is the outer part of the wheel. Not having the TPMS sensors will NOT affect your traction control. The low tire light will ding once and flash for 75 seconds and then remain on each time you start the vehicle. However, the traction control is fully functional and has nothing to do with TPMS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts