Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an installed an Spod on my 2017 JKU. I have a question about the tapping process of the M6 fuse. I purchased a tap a fuse and it has two slots in it. The original fuse goes in the bottom and the new fuse to power the Spod goes in the top. My question is this. The add a fuse says it's only rated for (2) 10 amp fuses. The original fuse that was in the M6 slot was a 20 amp fuse. How to I set up the fuses in the add a fuse, do I put 10 amp fuses in each of the slots. Thanks in advance for the help. I have searched all over the Internet and can't find the answer...

·
Commercial Member
553 Posts
I don't have an spod but I would guess that the draw for that circuit is pretty low since it is basically powering the relays in the spod which shouldn't be more than .1a-.2a each. If the fuse your replacing with the tap is rated at 20a then you should either get a 20a rated tap or you could replace the 20a fuse with a 10a fuse. If I recall M6 is just the power port. For me personally the most that circuit will ever see is a dual port USB charge that is rated at 4.2a so swapping it out to a 10a wouldn't be a big deal. Going down is t a big deal as long as you don't load up the circuit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I split it in half and put (2) 10 amp fuses. One in each slot on the tap a fuse. So far so good everything is working as it should and have not popped one of the fuses yet.
Anybody who has an Spod or similar model that has tapped the fuse box feel free to chime in and tell me how you set your fuses up....
Thanks for the help everyone......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts