Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is for those of you that have changed out your seats with the direct bolt in GM car seats. Do the GM seats have much adjustment in the backrest? Basically I am trying to get a 90 degree angle out of the seat. My seat leans to far back for me to be comfortable. I have long arms and I still have to lean forward to reach the shifter. Appreciate your help. Thanks

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I am using seats out of a 98 Sunfire the back is adjustable and the seats are a direct bolt in. I would go to the local pick and pull and sit in the car before you pull the seats and see if the back adjustment is what you want. Keep in mind that the seats will be bolting on your pedestals and will be higher off the floor than in the Sunfire.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I tried the Cavalier seat thing on my 88. I believe it was an 02 Cav two door, I had to do some drilling which I was told was a direct fit. I have seen others post that it was. Anyways the reclining action was blocked by my roll bar. It is way more comfortable though. Only problem is now I keep a poncho to cover it when it rains since it isn't weather resistant if you ride with the top off like I do.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My seats came from an 01/02 ish cavalier 2 door. direct bolt in. much more comfortable than the stock ones an only $40. My problem was the bolts holding the old ones in were seized.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had issues with seized bolts on my old seats to get them off the frames, they were terrible. My Cavalier seats sit upright more than the stock worn wrangler ones, but I like to sit up straight also. huge improvement, still not good enough. They are also FAR more comfy.

I BELIEVE the Cavalier/Sunfire seats MUST come out of a 2 door car and not 4. Don't remember for sure though, there are threads here you can search for that line out what years and models work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts