Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Teraflex spring leveling kit on my 2 door jk. After install i noticed the common passenger rear side sag, about 1/2" lower. I want to order a 1/2" spacer to correct this. My question is, when I install the spacer at that corner, can I just loosen the control arms for that specific corner and just jack up the jeep at that corner leaving the other 3 wheels on the ground and install the spacer? or do I need to loosen all rear control arms and jack up the whole rear end again? Thanks, I did a search and only found info/instructions on the complete install not just one corner.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I don't think you "have" to remove the control arm. You'll need to remove the shock and the sway bar end links (both sides) to keep them out of the way. Of course the abs bracket and brake line brackets (including the one under the shock mount). Then you can just lower that side. Jack stand on the frame and lower that side of the axle with a floor jack. The spring moves enough to pull it out. Put in the leveler and spring and put it all together again.

I've done both ways (entire rear and just corner) and it didn't make any real difference.

·
Registered
728 Posts
“Common passenger rear side sag”

This is the first I have heard about this. That’s a common issue for leveling kits?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think you "have" to remove the control arm. You'll need to remove the shock and the sway bar end links (both sides) to keep them out of the way. Of course the abs bracket and brake line brackets (including the one under the shock mount). Then you can just lower that side. Jack stand on the frame and lower that side of the axle with a floor jack. The spring moves enough to pull it out. Put in the leveler and spring and put it all together again.

I've done both ways (entire rear and just corner) and it didn't make any real difference.
Thanks Jack, ok ill try it with just the one wheel. I installed the kit myself so I'm familiar with what I have to do to install, just wasn't sure in this case. Worse case Ill jack up the whole rear and go from there. Was just trying to get an idea if I could save some time and not damage anything.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
“Common passenger rear side sag”

This is the first I have heard about this. That’s a common issue for leveling kits?
Hey Lovemachine, I found its pretty common on JK's in general, I didn't notice it before the kit (wasn't really looking) I think after the kit it was a little more pronounced and I was measuring to see what the kit gave me.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Just links, shocks, brake lines and it should drop down enough to remove the springs, if you need more space just jack up the other side of the axle and you could gain more droop...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just installed the TeraFlex leveling kit on my 2012 JK Arctic and have no sag on the passenger side - jeep is level side-to-side. While I've read a bit about sag with Jeeps - it's usually because of added accessories, heavier bumpers, spares, etc. -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts