Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

question and debate

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  andres0101 
#1 ·
hey guys so its winter and i find it perfect timing to buy a soft top.
i bought my tj with a hard top and the owner never put on a soft top. ive been looking at the Bestop "supertop" and "sunrider" which do you recomend and also will i be able to use my hard top without having to removethe hardaware from the soft top?
also i noticed that Bestop had "dimond " and "denim" can someone tell me the difference what you think

thx in advance

#2 ·
You must remove the hardware for the softop to use the hard top. But it's 4 bolts, and the whole top comes off, nothing too it. If it were me I'd wait till the new Supertop NX comes out and get it. It may be out already, Idk. Very close to the factory top in it's hardware and configuration. I believe it includes the sunrider feature as well. Diamond is the upper tier fabric I believe and would be the better choice, IMO. More durable and quieter.....

#7 ·
Supertop NX for TJ will be out in Jan/Feb.

The advantage of that one will be it uses all "factory style" hardware. So factory door surrounds, and windshield header, which lots of TJ owners think are better than Supertop hardware.

Black Diamond vs Black Denim: They're both vinyl fabrics ("denim" just refers to the print). Black diamond is printed with little points. It's a bit sharper or cleaner looking. Jeep switched to that in '02 I think. Denim is more classic look. Some people think the diamond is more black, but I can't see that.

#12 ·
looks good now does that come with all the hardware and tinted windows? and how much will it be? also does it have the ""sunroof" option like the sunrider?
sorry if im asking ro many questions lol

#11 ·
I'm trying to sell my factory soft top from my 02 sahara. Still in perfect shape, inside the house every winter. It's spice color I'm looking for a black top instead.
You may want to look at a Replace-A-Top. That's a top that reuses your current hardware, but gets you all new fabric and windows.

Might come close to selling one top and buying another.

Lots of options!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.