Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok per the door sticker my Rubicon as a front axle load of up to 2775 and rear is 3200. I got a chance to play on the scales today, thank you Oregon DMV for keeping the scales turned on. Anyway weight of the front comes in at 2750 and rear 2950.

I am not worried about the rear, it had 200 lbs that normally is not in the Jeep so I have a lot of head room on the rear. But I still have some mods to go in the Front, biggest flat fenders, 85 lbs. Now my front axle is sleeved, trussed and gusseted. Is there an issue? Am I to the point where going to a D60 is required?

Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
kind of scary isn't it. I think people would be surprised at how heavy they get.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
if it makes you feel any better that's right about where I'm at too (5600 fully loaded for trail), so I don't think you're far off from most.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
Ok per the door sticker my Rubicon as a front axle load of up to 2775 and rear is 3200. I got a chance to play on the scales today, thank you Oregon DMV for keeping the scales turned on. Anyway weight of the front comes in at 2750 and rear 2950.

I am not worried about the rear, it had 200 lbs that normally is not in the Jeep so I have a lot of head room on the rear. But I still have some mods to go in the Front, biggest flat fenders, 85 lbs. Now my front axle is sleeved, trussed and gusseted. Is there an issue? Am I to the point where going to a D60 is required?

Thanks for the help.
IMO no, you're fine. I would upgrade the rear shafts though.

The last overland trip we took I weighed in at 5880 pounds (minus the wife), so we roll around 6k off road. The rear has Revolution 4340 shafts and I'm comfortable that they'll take the weight. Like you the front is trussed/gusseted and I've run the factory axle shafts for 65k miles without issue (134 pound tire/wheel combo) I plan on 60s front/rear eventually, but have no concerns about the current set up.

That said, the '18 we ordered for the wife will be pulling a overland trailer, so I plan on a D60 rear/TF44 from the start on that build.

Good luck! :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts