Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears there is a 15% off code that expires today at ACE so I was thinking about ordering their sliders. (In my brief time searching, I haven't seen a sale often - maybe this is a regular thing?) In any event, I wanted to know if anyone can confirm the angle these sit at. Some of the photos I have seen almost look like they pitch upwards vs being completely level.

I don't need an actual degree angle. Just curious if these hang out level or pitch upwards.

Thanks in advance for any photos or information you guys (and gals) can provide!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
It appears there is a 15% off code that expires today at ACE so I was thinking about ordering their sliders. (In my brief time searching, I haven't seen a sale often - maybe this is a regular thing?) In any event, I wanted to know if anyone can confirm the angle these sit at. Some of the photos I have seen almost look like they pitch upwards vs being completely level.

I don't need an actual degree angle. Just curious if these hang out level or pitch upwards.

Thanks in advance for any photos or information you guys (and gals) can provide!

They pitch upward a tad but there is still enough room to use it for a step. If you can get 15% pull the trigger. They are some of the best sliders made. You won't be disappointed. Here are two pics. The first one you can see that there is enough room to use it as a step. The 2nd you can see the pitch upwards a little bit. I use to have a shot from the fender but I deleted it and don't have my Jeep with me currently.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Tyler and awesome Jeep btw. I just want to make sure they'll still be functional for the wife and kids.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Thank you Tyler and awesome Jeep btw. I just want to make sure they'll still be functional for the wife and kids.
Just as an FYI, I just ordered these from northridge4x4.com for $359.96 shipped, just use Wranglerforum as your coupon code, not sure if that's cheaper than where you were looking or not?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ace Sliders

Just ordered them from ACE. Thanks for the heads up on the 15%. I'm going to have ACE install them as I work ten minutes from them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just as an FYI, I just ordered these from northridge4x4.com for $359.96 shipped, just use Wranglerforum as your coupon code, not sure if that's cheaper than where you were looking or not?

I think after shipping, that will make Northridge still about $10 cheaper. That's great because it takes the pressure off deciding today. thanks!

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I think after shipping, that will make Northridge still about $10 cheaper. That's great because it takes the pressure off deciding today. thanks!
You're welcome. I think the difference is like $6, there is someone who just created a similar thread to yours and she posted pricing. Hey, $6 is a gallon and a half of gas!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Ace sliders are definitely a decent step, since they stick out almost parallel to the ground. I had it on my last JK. Got another company's sliders this time. They are stronger but do not work as well as a step because they angle up a bit more.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I LOVE MY SLIDERS! It was the first mod to my JK and much needed as I am only 5' tall and I was having problems getting in and out of the jeep. My jeep is my DD so having these sliders have been a life saver. Other benefits - no jeep door dings as other vehicles will hit your slider and bang the heck out of their doors instead. Saw it happen myself one day and just smiled. I have no doubt they provide great off road protection - just haven't been there myself yet but hopefully soon.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Great offroad protection!

Crushed limestone, no crushed jeep! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Slider

Just ordered them from ACE. Thanks for the heads up on the 15%. I'm going to have ACE install them as I work ten minutes from them.
Just got off the phone with ACE I am having them install Thursday :drinks:

·
Registered
136 Posts
My only issue has been that they rust at the welds. I'm going to clean them up and bedline them and hopefully that'll put an end to the rust issue.

I'd definitely go with them, they make a great step and are even better protection!

·
Registered
725 Posts
My only issue has been that they rust at the welds. I'm going to clean them up and bedline them and hopefully that'll put an end to the rust issue.

I'd definitely go with them, they make a great step and are even better protection!
Yep, seen this. I talked to ACE and they said to touch up with Rustoleum bed liner. It was a perfect blend. They are strong and holding tight but their finish is less than stellar.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Yep, seen this. I talked to ACE and they said to touch up with Rustoleum bed liner. It was a perfect blend. They are strong and holding tight but their finish is less than stellar.
Would it make sense to bed line them prior to installing?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Absolutely. I should have had them Line-X'ed like I did with my light bar on my truck. 7 years later and it still looks like new. I was in a hurry & being cheap. Now I will play touch up every spring I suppose.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts