Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just turned 700 miles on 'the Heep' and traveling on I95, and a rock starred my windshield(now the crack across it has shown up. I know I can get it replaced for free, but don't know if I can get OEM glass with decals and tint. I have Allstate insurance. Any thoughts on this?
100_0938.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm no help with an answer, but would be interested in what you find out! I had a windshield in a Ridgeline replaced last year at no cost after a rock did similar damage. I didn't care at the time what went back in, but I've wondered if the Jeep OEM would be fully covered or if there would be some kind of pay the difference between OEM and option A?

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Last I knew the law stated that insurance companies can not make you use after market parts. If you want OEM they have to pay for it minus your deductible, unless you have like I do a clause for free windshield glass with no deductible, but they still have to let you have OEM if you want it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked to Allstate this morning, and in Florida, the windshield is covered 100%. No deductible. And Safe light will put in an OEM windshield With the jeep and hill on it and factory tint...They just have to order it, and they will come right out to the house and install it...Yipppeee...Thanks for all the replies guys...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny part of the windshield saga. I was coming back from 4Wheel Parts where I had just picked up and installed a shorty antenna because I worried about the factory 3' antenna with the ball on top whipping back and hitting the Jeep when snagging on a tree branch or when taking it through a car wash.
Now I have to diplomatically ask how many replacement windshields insurance will cover per year. Seems like its a common occurrence with our vertical windshields. LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cracked Windshield Update!!!

Windshield was in fact the OEM glass with all the decals and tint. Whooopppie...Plus no charge. It was all covered by insurance.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Funny part of the windshield saga. I was coming back from 4Wheel Parts where I had just picked up and installed a shorty antenna because I worried about the factory 3' antenna with the ball on top whipping back and hitting the Jeep when snagging on a tree branch or when taking it through a car wash.
Now I have to diplomatically ask how many replacement windshields insurance will cover per year. Seems like its a common occurrence with our vertical windshields. LOL
If insured in Florida.
Some insurance company's will tell you that you can only replace so many windshields a year but by Florida Law there is no limit!

·
Registered
518 Posts
If insured in Florida.
Some insurance company's will tell you that you can only replace so many windshields a year but by Florida Law there is no limit!
Thanks, that's good to know. I've heard conflicting stories on a 2 per year limit, or 1 per year.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Also if you couldn't get the OEM windshield, pixel decals sells the grill and the hill as stickers you can install on the windshield.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts