Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So what does your wrangler actually get for gas mileage. Already know what the dealer or the sticker says it will get but we all know how accurate those are. I am doing some research on what we might have to do as the gas price crunch increases here.

Thanks for all your answers in advance.:D

·
Registered
141 Posts
According to the dash, I can get 19.5 on the highway but when i do the math at the pump it is more like 17.5. city i get about 15-16. I have a heavy foot and a Rubicon so of course the sahara or X might do a little better if you drive it with gas saving in mind. If i set the cruise control at 70 highway i can get the dash to tell me i am getting 20+ when i hit the reset button. I also drive alot with the top down so that will make a difference as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So far I'm getting 15-18.5 mpg mixed city and highway; mostly city. I'm guessing it will get better when it's fully broken in. I only have 1300 miles on it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My Rubicon got an actual 19.2 when it was stock, and after 37's and 5.13 gears, it gets 14.3-15.5 depending on how I drive it. I dont know that I would suggest a Wrangler if you are really concerned with gas MPG. But the JK will get better MPG than a like equipped TJ. The JK also will improve on MPG after the 5K Break-in programming.

Joe
Absolute Offroad

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I will keep my TJ and probably get another bike for the mileage, or wait to see if they ever put a diesel in the wranglers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts