Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased aluminum rocker panel armor. Poison Spyder with the rubber isolator. Was thinking to leave it unpainted since in theory the rubber panel(?) should isolate the metal from actually contacting the body.

Has anyone here left it unpainted and what was your experience with how it interacts with the body and the weather? I was just thinking dissimilar metal corrosion might be something I did not think of until after I purchased and maybe painting or powdercoating will be necessary. Might be making a fuss over nothing.

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
I recently purchased aluminum rocker panel armor. Poison Spyder with the rubber isolator. Was thinking to leave it unpainted since in theory the rubber panel(?) should isolate the metal from actually contacting the body.

Has anyone here left it unpainted and what was your experience with how it interacts with the body and the weather? I was just thinking dissimilar metal corrosion might be something I did not think of until after I purchased and maybe painting or powdercoating will be necessary. Might be making a fuss over nothing.
You could mask off and just paint the surface that will face the body (steel) if that gives you more piece of mind. Then nobody would know but you.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wife suggested that solution also. Probably going to go that route. Thanx for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts