Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Two weeks ago, my 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara brakes went to the floor. One of the brake lines had rotted out. Once I brought it to the shop, they refused to fix it because they said my frame was rotted and the vehicle was unsafe to drive. I later had this confirmed with my auto body man. So, I have no desire in sinking the amount of money it would take to get a new frame and never mind the labor. So I'm looking at just selling it "as is". Can anyone give me a ballpark figure of what a 1999 Wrangler Sahara, with 160K miles, hard top, automatic, fairly new tires, brand new spare, would be worth if selling "as is" most likely for parts only or someone who has the desire to put a new frame in and new brakes. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
157 Posts
You may not need a "new" frame.

How bad is it rotted? How many places? Where?

They sell replacement frame parts that can be welded on.

What it is worth depends on where you are and the condition of the rest of the parts.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I would guess it's pretty bad if the autobody man wouldn't touch it...pictures would help

if it is just by the rear shackles, they make repair sections for it

·
Registered
9 Posts
corroseal is used to covert rust to primer, it works extremely well, I used it on my 66' mustang when i was restoring it. Unfortunately it runs almost 60$ for a gallon, but it does work miracles. Not sure how bad the rust is though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts