Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of guys don't like chrome, and I'm not a big fan of it all over the jeep. But I do think the grill looks great. My question is... Is the replacement chrome grill metal or plastic like the factory grill. If its metal I'm in, but if it's plastic...well that's just too much money for plastic. Thanks in advance. And if you have pics I'd love to see them.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
OEM front grilles are plastic so that it's safer for any pedestrians you might hit. So yes, $250-300 is expensive.

They should sell rhino-lined replacement grilles, those may sell better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am not a real fan of chrome either, but my wife bought the chrome grille for my JKU so it would match her Cooper (I can hear the laughing now!). They are both silver w/black hardtops and her Mini has a chrome grille. The grille sat in the garage for nearly 10 months before I installed it. Since installing it, it has grown on me. If I could figure out how to upload photos I would.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers. I hate the idea that the only thing separating my radiator and a tree limb is a cheap piece of plastic. Guess I now have an excuse to buy a mean winch bumper with a grill guard!

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Thanks for the answers. I hate the idea that the only thing separating my radiator and a tree limb is a cheap piece of plastic. Guess I now have an excuse to buy a mean winch bumper with a grill guard!
That's exactly what you should do. Sans the chrome. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts