Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked thru the search feature with negative results. I have a 17 Sniper Edition Wrangler. With circa 800 miles coolant temp runs from 210 to 215 degrees F. I am thinking ahead about the hot summers in South Florida. What temp thermostat are most of you running in hot climates?

·
Registered
150 Posts
If it ain't broke, Don't fix it!!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Looked thru the search feature with negative results. I have a 17 Sniper Edition Wrangler. With circa 800 miles coolant temp runs from 210 to 215 degrees F. I am thinking ahead about the hot summers in South Florida. What temp thermostat are most of you running in hot climates?
Welcome to the forum and your new JK!

There are lots and lots of threads regarding the temp in these motors. Do a little research and decide what you think for yourself. Many many owners ignore or don't know the fact that these 3.6 engines are hitting 240* at times. Since a majority don't have an EIVC with the coolant temp on them. Also the temp needle is not linear to the temp, i.e. 230 will still be in the middle.

From my experience, have nothing at all blocking your radiator, no grill inserts or lights or winch. Keep the radiator as open to the air flow as possible, it will keep you from going into limp mode, which will occur in the 240* range. If you crawl off road or have steep long climbs in your area or sit in stop and go traffic you will often see extremely high temps. Some of us are looking at solutions to what we think is a long term reliability problem. Others are not worried.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum and your new JK!

There are lots and lots of threads regarding the temp in these motors. Do a little research and decide what you think for yourself. Many many owners ignore or don't know the fact that these 3.6 engines are hitting 240* at times. Since a majority don't have an EIVC with the coolant temp on them. Also the temp needle is not linear to the temp, i.e. 230 will still be in the middle.

From my experience, have nothing at all blocking your radiator, no grill inserts or lights or winch. Keep the radiator as open to the air flow as possible, it will keep you from going into limp mode, which will occur in the 240* range. If you crawl off road or have steep long climbs in your area or sit in stop and go traffic you will often see extremely high temps. Some of us are looking at solutions to what we think is a long term reliability problem. Others are not worried.
Thx for the feedback!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts