Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU sport.
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know which pin(s) on the plug mounted in the hard top are connected to the defogger and rear wiper. I'm going to wire the defogger direct without using the oem harness as there is a way to do for about 40 bucks.

Also does anyone know exactly how to get this connector out of the hard top to so I can get behind it?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Interested in this defroster hookup.
I have no need/desire for wiper and washer, as the tire is in the way, but the defroster would be nice

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Just a note:

If you have the infinity or alpine premium sound then the wiper/washer needs to be plugged in when the hard top is on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm chasing the same rabbit. The connector on my hardtop is not "fixed" into plastic likes yours though. If you disconnect the leads on the window defrost, it'll tell you what's what. My best guess is pins 1 and 6 on mine. What's your plan to wire/power it? My first thoughts were to repurpose the side mirror defrost since I moved them off the doors and left them disconnected.

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
Everyone needs to let the other know the year of the Jeep and the year of the hard top if it was not original. There has been at least one change in the wiring setup during the run of the JK/JKU Jeeps. I would assume that OP's top is not original since he does not have the wiring already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts