Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a Mopar Hard Rock/10A rear bumper on my 2012 sport.

The instructions show in step 10, page 4, that i need to reattach the left and right "S" brackets (my term, shown in steps 4 and 10).

But when I look at the bumper, I don't see any connection mounted nut in the bumper for the top bolt on the "s" bracket.

Can anyone snap a pic of their installed bumper for me? Or let me know if this is a mistake

I have the trailer hitch on my Jeep, so i have the 4 bolts shown in step 9 connecting the bumper through the horizontal frame, plus the 4 bolts (step 12) mounting to the side of the frame.

The only thing I can figure is that they are showing this if you do not have a trailer hitch, and are using part "D" (see step 8, page 3). But i would have thought that step 8 starts the "with trailer hitch mounting instructions."

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks @jeeptjduner. It appears there is a bolt where the S bracket is located, but I can't tell how it connects.

Anyone on the forum install a Rubicon X/Hard Rock/10A rear bumper, and if so, did you use the "S" brackets and bolts? If you did, do you recall how they hooked into the bumper?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appears the answer is no, you don't use the "S" brackets on the 10A rear bumper.

Thanks to the Atlanta (female) owner of the 2015 JKUR Hard Rock in Tank that parked right in front of my house this evening. I was able to verify that the two open bolt locations on her JKUR were not being used. The only bolts present were the four bolts through the trailer hitch/cross member and the two attaching each end bracket to the main frame.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have a pic of the back of the rear bumper would you?

The inside of it that is. I'd like to see what structure may be behind the flat area inboard of the Jeep inset on either side.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have a pic of the back of the rear bumper would you? The inside of it that is. I'd like to see what structure may be behind the flat area inboard of the Jeep inset on either side.
They are mounted now. Would have if I caught this earlier.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 25 Posts