Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on switching my interior lights over to led bulbs soon so today I went to an electronics store near my house. The guy working there said he can get the 74-xhp3 bulbs and he then told me I would have to reuse the "twist lock" that the current bulbs are in. I didn't order anything because I was unsure if this was true or not. Help?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yupp. I just did that myself a couple months ago.
The xhp3's are the best bulb because there are actually 3 lights on the stick, so there aren't any dim or dead spots in the gauge cluster. I did mine blue and I could not be happier. The xhp3's do have a polarity though, so don't panic if you put them in and they don't work, you're just going to have to take it back out and put the bulbs in facing the other direction. There are a ton of write-ups on here about that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the help. I've been reading a bunch on this mod so I feel pretty comfortable attempting it.
Furthermore, what are you guys using for your courtesy light? The manual says its an 89 but those don't look quite right online. Will a wedge base light replace that bulb?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I used the 67-x9-x cool white 9 LED bulb off of superbrightleds.com, and it worked perfectly. It's the 89 replacement. I'm not sure if you can use the 912s or not :/ sorry.
What color are you looking for?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Any BA15 socket light will work in for the courtesy lights. I know superbrightleds.com only lists the 89 LEDs for courtesy lights, but the 1156 tail/turn lights will also work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts