Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Quick question for you. So I have a TJ that is on rock krawler 4 link system in the rear and on 5.5" coils and 37" tires. I swapped in a new rear axle and the previous owner must've cut off the stock rear swaybar mounting points on the axle.

So I know I could do an anti rock. But I am wondering if there is a relatively easy solution to fabbing up a way to re-use the stock swaybar in the rear.

I guess while I am at it... I will open the can of worms around should I even bother running a rear swaybar with my setup.

·
Super Moderator
6,896 Posts
yes, a rear sway bar is very beneficial both on and off road.

its probably easiest to check out some fabrication sites and grab some brackets or if you have the tools, cut, bend, and weld some brackets.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
X2, it's well worth the effort to get either an Antirock or the factory anti-rollbar installed on the rear axle as well as the front. Welding a pair of tabs onto the axle would take care of it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys thanks for the replies. Sorry it has been a few weeks. I just got to mess around with the jeep and am still deciding the best way for me to do this.
Slight dilemma... like I mentioned the factory mounts were cut off and now I am realizing that when I had my brake lines relocated the mounting tab got welded right where the factory swaybar bracket would be.
I found replacement brackets to weld on to the stock location for like 20$. But now cant decide if that is worth the headache to move my brake line again... or go anti-rock because it mounts to the rear.
Here is a picture on the rear axle area I was talking about. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Since you rock crawl, personally I would feel uncomfortable having my brake line in front of the axle. If you feel the same and plan on relocating it then going back to stock would be an easy choice.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
X2, I'd move the brake lines back on top of the rear axle where they were and install new tabs for the antiswaybar. Just fab up some new links 4.5" longer than stock to match the new lift height. I made mine with threaded rod and heim joints which works very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts