Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am on the phone with the dealer today building my Sahara Unlimited 2015.

Painted Hard Top
Max Tow Package
Anti - Spin Differential
Auto Start

That's it.

He was on his screen building and said it was forcing him to add Automatic Air Conditioning.

I received another build sheet via email from another dealer and noticed on the build there was an empty box which said "RESTRICTION" on the same identical build but it did not specify what this meant exactly.

The first dealer noticed this on the second dealers build sheet and thought it might be the same thing regarding the Automatic Air Conditioner.

I told him call Chrysler to ask what is up. It should not be forcing me to have automatic temp controlled air I would not think.

Anybody know anything about this ?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind. Called the first dealer. Chrysler changed the deal on the Saharas on October 1st.

Now everyone is FORCED to order auto air and PAY an additional $351 (dealer invoice) or $395 MSRP. Pardon my French but those assholes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why would you want a Sahara than? Just get a Sport and add what you want from there. I wouldn't doubt that ac does come standard. Who is going to pay 35000 for a vehicle without ac?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Why would you want a Sahara than? Just get a Sport and add what you want from there. I wouldn't doubt that ac does come standard. Who is going to pay 35000 for a vehicle without ac?
I think he's referring to AUTO climate. I have Auto climate control that I don't use.:D So yeah too bad you can't delete.
Also maybe he want matching painted hard top and fenders which I don't think you can get with Sport.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
So I am on the phone with the dealer today building my Sahara Unlimited 2015. Painted Hard Top Max Tow Package Anti - Spin Differential Auto Start That's it. He was on his screen building and said it was forcing him to add Automatic Air Conditioning. I received another build sheet via email from another dealer and noticed on the build there was an empty box which said "RESTRICTION" on the same identical build but it did not specify what this meant exactly. The first dealer noticed this on the second dealers build sheet and thought it might be the same thing regarding the Automatic Air Conditioner. I told him call Chrysler to ask what is up. It should not be forcing me to have automatic temp controlled air I would not think. Anybody know anything about this ?
Maybe see if you can build a freedom without it? I think (tell me if I'm wrong) you can get leather and the painted hard top of you go that route.

Max tow is $445 now. You can get the same thing for $100 or less from quadratec if you wish.

Plus you get the rock rails instead of the side steps, if you don't care about the side steps I think the rubicon rock rails look 100x better.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
I have the auto climate, and find it works better than the similar systems I have on other vehicles. I have even left it on 'auto' for most of last Winter (this summer was cool enough to not need A/C), something I have never done on the others.

I guess I don't see the problem with requiring it on their top-of-the-line models of the 4-door Wrangler.

At least Jeep dropped the requirement to order the Alpine system. :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
I actually ordered my 2015 Sahara today also and they told me the same thing. Oh and I got the Sahara over the Sport because I wanted the painted hardtop and fenders.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Maybe see if you can build a freedom without it? I think (tell me if I'm wrong) you can get leather and the painted hard top of you go that route.

Max tow is $445 now. You can get the same thing for $100 or less from quadratec if you wish.

Plus you get the rock rails instead of the side steps, if you don't care about the side steps I think the rubicon rock rails look 100x better.

Good luck.
You can get a Freedom Edition without the auto climate control, but they all come standard with the black hard top or a soft top. Color matched fenders are included.

Freedom Editions come with leather and tectonic cloth seats, not full leather.

I think (and someone correct me if I am wrong here) that all UNLIMITEDs come with AC.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure if it is worth $395, but if you live in an area with HOT summers it may be:

When it is really hot & using the AC, put it on auto setting and the air is a lot colder than just setting it to the desired temp. Only downside is that it will only come out of the forward vents, not the floor. But it cools the vehicle very quickly...

I don't have it on my Wrangler, but did on my 14 Charger & my son ( he is the one who showed me ) has it on his 200 and it works on those vehicles so I am sure it is the same here.

Sooo, if you were FORCED to buy it at least it may be a little useful to you...

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can get a Freedom Edition without the auto climate control, but they all come standard with the black hard top or a soft top. Color matched fenders are included.

Freedom Editions come with leather and tectonic cloth seats, not full leather.

I think (and someone correct me if I am wrong here) that all UNLIMITEDs come with AC.
Pretty sure the FE is not an orderable option for 2015's at this time. There is no availability on the Jeep site to select anything other than Sport, Sport S, Sahara, Rubicon, Willys, Willys W and Rubicon Hard Rock. (I know it is a work in progress.) The price break down on Milous' thread on the other site echos this. I haven't seen anyone mention on the new build 2015 threads that they have ordered a FE. Afaik the base top is the soft top and extra $ for the hard top or the Premium Sunrider soft top on all the different model editions except the Sahara.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
That sucks that you are now forced to include climate control on a Sahara build...especially since they keep raising the prices.

Lame Chrysler, real lame.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I want the painted hard top to match the body and matching fenders so that is why I ordered a Sahara.

The dealer gave me a little bit more off my final price so in the end it is costing me $194 more.

Still pretty lame of Chrysler.

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
Just to add, Jeep changes these things at the start of each month (each allocation period). So, if you don't like something, there is some chance that it will change again next month. :D

For example, back in September, Jeep said that the regular Tow Pkg will not be available for rest of the 2015 model year. However, now in October, Jeep said that the regular Tow Pkg is again available for order. :crazy:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Pretty sure the FE is not an orderable option for 2015's at this time. There is no availability on the Jeep site to select anything other than Sport, Sport S, Sahara, Rubicon, Willys, Willys W and Rubicon Hard Rock. (I know it is a work in progress.) The price break down on Milous' thread on the other site echos this. I haven't seen anyone mention on the new build 2015 threads that they have ordered a FE. Afaik the base top is the soft top and extra $ for the hard top or the Premium Sunrider soft top on all the different model editions except the Sahara.
Well, I don't know what to tell you, but this is what I'm going off:

New: Freedom Edition (production starts 10/01/2014)

That's what is listed in post one of Milous' thread.

But yes, the standard top on the Freedom Edition was the standard soft top, upgradable to either of the other two, or dual top group.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, I don't know what to tell you, but this is what I'm going off:

New: Freedom Edition (production starts 10/01/2014)

That's what is listed in post one of Milous' thread.

But yes, the standard top on the Freedom Edition was the standard soft top, upgradable to either of the other two, or dual top group.
Great news then! I love my FE Wrangler. I hope others will enjoy one for themselves too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts