Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if I swap to the 285/70 or the 33x12 50 will I gain any height from these tires? Will the wider tires be better on the trails as far as moderate rock climbing. Also will these tires fit on stock 13 rubi wheels? The reason I am looking into a 33 inch tire is I have a limited budget and I don't just want to slap on 35s unless I am gonna do it right and right now I can't afford what goes along with installing 35s

·
Registered
81 Posts
You will gain minimal height with these tires, I've done light trail using 285/70s and have noticed much difference over my stock sport tires (expect to see some difference on harder trails) and yes, most will fit on 2013 Rubi wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
The tread is going to have a bigger impact on trail riding than the size of the tire. If it's 35's you want, than wait and save up a bit more and get what you want. The stock rubi tires aren't much smaller than the ones you listed above and they do pretty good on trails imo.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The tread is going to have a bigger impact on trail riding than the size of the tire. If it's 35's you want, than wait and save up a bit more and get what you want. The stock rubi tires aren't much smaller than the ones you listed above and they do pretty good on trails imo.
I wish more people would recognize this. I’ve doing a good bit of trails lately on the OEM tires and I’ve barely slipped a tire when aired down. The only thing they are missing is clearance. I’ve done 2 sets of them because they used to be under $100 a pop from Tire Rack.

I’m about to order 35” Kenda Klevers and see how they do for both traction and size. This will be on the OEM wheels and I’ve got spacers already but if I’m satisfied with the size, I’ll get some “nicer” 35s and get wheels with proper back spacing in there and decide on what gearing I’ll go to at that point.

·
Retired Moderator
100,702 Posts
dont take a risk and put the same tires the original tires are studied at home
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts