Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
I have the 4.0 tb on my 93 YJ 2.5. I had to swap the idle air controle plate and motor to the 4.0 tb, and plug a vacuum port. Works ok I guess.

· Registered
31 Posts
The throttle bodys are the same dimentions. The manifold opens wider under the throttle body so you don't need to change the manifold at all. The intake snorkle could be left the same or a high flow kit could be installed for a 2.5 or 4.0. The 4.0 kit may be a little over kill cause the stock 2.5 will never draw as large a volume of air as the 4.0. OR swap on the 4.0 stock air intake. Try as I may, there is only so much one can do to bump up the HP of a stock 2.5.

· Registered
31 Posts
O2 sensors produce voltage. Ohm is what resistance in an electrical circuit is measured in. The two are very different. This wise man says don't F with your sensors. Other than that I'll be nice and stop there, but its not easy. :flipoff:

· Registered
31 Posts
Ed in North Ga. said:
There is....a way....around sensors in the renix jeeps. Most sensors are variable...the 02 sensore puts out a signal in ohms, the MAP uses a voltage that converst ohms....the computer eats ohms for breakfast/lunch/dinner...very little actual voltage is "used", as mch as ohms.
Wise man say: check how they modified the MAP sensors, and apply it to everything else...if an 02 sensor puts out sayyyyyy(non-true example)...5ohms when its truely warmed up and running well...whos to say where that 5ohms comes from?
Well then maybe you would like to rewrite this paragraph because as I read this I think, maybe it's just me, you have no clue what you are talking about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.